European Interoperability Framework
The European Interoperability Framework (EIF) is a set of recommendations which specify how administrations, businesses and citizens communicate with each other within the European Union and across Member State borders.
The EIF 1.0 was issued under the Interoperable Delivery of European eGovernment Services to public Administrations, Businesses and Citizens programme (IDABC）. The EIF continues under the new ISA programme, which replaced the IDABC programme on 31 December 2009.
For further examples of Enterprise Architecture frameworks designed operate at different levels of scale, see also Alternative Enterprise Architecture Frameworks
EIF Version 1.0
- Scope of government - services provided, degree of state ownership of businesses, scale of armed forces, police and border control operations
- Structure of government - central/local government balance, what departments exist, how departments interact
- Citizen/state interaction models - processes related to key life events (births, marriages, deaths), document issue procedures, support for foreign languages
EIF Version 2
EIF 2 was adopted by the European Commission as the Annex II - EIF (European Interoperability Framework) of the Communication “Towards interoperability for European public services” on 16 December 2010.
On 23 March 2017, the ISA2 programme released a new version of EIF. This version dropped version numbers and is simply called 'new EIF' and should include policy changes of the past years.
- "IDABC - EIF - European Interoperability Framework for pan-European eGovernment services". Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "IDABC - Documentation on the European Interoperability Framework". Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "European Interoperability Framework Version 1.0" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- EIFv2: Tracking the loss of Interoperability, FSFE
- "Annex 2 to the Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of Regions 'Towards interoperability for European public services'" (PDF). Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "New European Interoperability Framework at the website of the European Commission, ISA2 programme". Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Documentation on the European Interoperability Framework 1.0 and Draft version of 2.0
- Documentation on the European Interoperability Framework
|This article about the European Union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|