European Jewish Parliament
|Cefi Jozef Kamhi,
The European Jewish Parliament or EJP (formerly known as European Jewish Union or EJU) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Brussels whose stated aim is to be "a uniting structure for all Jewish communities and organizations throughout Western, Eastern and Central Europe."
The EJU-backed EJP is the brainchild of Ukrainian billionaire Vadim Rabinovich.
European Jewish Union
The EJU hoped to establish a European Jewish Parliament, comprising 120 members modeled on the Israeli Knesset. This group would then represent the concerns of the Jewish community to the European Union.
The European Jewish Parliament was inaugurated on February, 16th 2012.
The first EJP annual general assembly was held in Brussels on May 15 and 16 2012.
The European Jewish Parliament logo is modeled on the flag of Europe's crown of 12 golden stars with 5 rays on a blue background.
- "About EJU". European Jewish Union. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- Ben Gedalyahu, Tzvi (26 October 2011). "First Election for European Jewish Parliament". IsraelNationalNews.com.
- "First ever 120-member European Jewish Parliament inaugurated in Brussels, event hailed as 'great day for Jews in Europe'". Europeanjewishpress. 16 February 2012.
- Axelrod, Toby (24 October 2011). "Sacha Baron Cohen a Jewish parliamentarian? One reason to doubt new Euro Jewish parliament". JTA.
- "European Jewish Parliament's Inauguration: 120 MPs from Europe to hold General Assembly in April on YouTube". YouTube.com. 2012-02-17. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "EJP meets again in Brussels". Ejp.eu. 2013-12-18. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- "EJP logo on www.ejp.eu". Retrieved 2014-07-29.