European Journal of Physics
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Eur. J. Phys., EJP|
|Edited by||Michael Vollmer|
IOP Publishing (UK)
The European Journal of Physics is a peer-reviewed, scientific journal dedicated to maintaining and improving the standard of physics education in higher education. The journal, published since 1980, is now published by IOP Publishing on behalf of the European Physical Society. The current editor-in-chief is Michael Vollmer of the Brandenburg University of Applied Sciences.
- Surveys of research at a level accessible to students
- Original insights into the derivation of results
- Descriptions of new laboratory exercises
- Scholarly or reflective articles at appropriate levels
- Descriptions of successful original student projects
- Discussions of the history and philosophy of physics.
- Reports of new developments in methods for teaching physics and in the physics curriculum.
The journal had an Impact factor of 0.608 for 2015, according to the Journal Citation Reports. It is indexed In Chemical Abstracts, Engineering Index/Ei Compendex, Web of Science, Inspec, Zentralblatt für Mathematik, and other services.
- "Open access information - European Journal of Physics - IOPscience". iopscience.iop.org. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
European Journal of Physics is a hybrid open access journal (…)