European Journal of Physics
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Eur. J. Phys., EJP|
|Edited by||Jan Mostowski|
IOP Publishing (UK)
The European Journal of Physics is an international peer-reviewed, scientific journal dedicated to maintaining and improving the standard of physics education in higher education. The journal, published since 1980, is now published by the IOP Publishing on behalf of the European Physical Society.
- Surveys of research at a level accessible to students
- Original insights into the derivation of results
- Descriptions of new laboratory exercises
- Scholarly or reflective articles at appropriate levels
- Descriptions of successful original student projects
- Discussions of the history and philosophy of physics.
- Reports of new developments in methods for teaching physics and in the physics curriculum.
The Editor in Chief is Jan Mostowski, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland, who took over the role from Alastair I. M. Rae, formerly lecturer at the School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Birmingham, UK in 2010.
The journal had an Impact factor of 0.644 for 2012, according to Journal Citation Reports. It is indexed In Chemical Abstracts, Engineering Index/Ei Compendex, Web of Science, Inspec, Zentralblatt für Mathematik, and other services.