European Journalism Centre
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands|
Its aim is to give further training to mid-career journalists and media professionals and says it is dedicated to the highest standards in international as well as European journalism. The institute also acts a partner and organiser at the European level for media companies, professional organisations, journalism schools and government bodies seeking to establish activities and projects.
For an extensive research project on food worldwide, Dutch newspaper de Volkskrant was given the European Publishers Longterm Reporting Grant. The EJC was financed for this grant by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
They run the DataDrivenJournalism.net project which is acknowledged as a leading source of information about data driven journalism, and coordinated the Data Journalism Handbook, along with The Open Knowledge Foundation.
Its director, since 2016 is Adam Thomas.
Former director, 2006-2016, was Wilfried Ruetten, also board member of the Global Editors Network since April 2011. He was previously the head of digital television at the University of Applied Sciences in Salzburg, Austria, and has worked in German public and private broadcasting as a reporter and producer (ARD, RTL Group...) as well as in journalism education.
- de Volkskrant, Voedselzaak
- 800k awarded to seven European publishers for one year long innovative development reporting EJC press release, 27 September 2017
- publishers journalism grants
- See, for example, The bond between data and journalism grows stronger, O'Reilly Radar, February 2013.
- The Data Journalism Handbook
- About EJC - The Team, European Journalism Centre.
- "Global Editors Network board members". Archived from the original on 24 June 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
.net, the centre's official website
- European Centre for Digital Communication 
- Crossroads, web magazine for expatriates in Maastricht, published by the European Journalism Centre 
- Eufeeds, aggregator of newspaper RSS feeds from all EU member states 
- Eu4journalists, background details and essential information about the European Union 
- DataDrivenJournalism.net - Leading website about data journalism
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about mass media in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|