European Microscopy Society
|Founded||September 1976 as European Societies of Electron Microscopy, current form September 1998|
|Type||Professional Organisation and Registered Charity|
|Origins||European Societies of Electron Microscopy|
|President Dr Josef Zweck|
Secretary Virginie Serin
The European Microscopy Society is an international learned society which represents the field of microscopy in Europe. It was founded in 1998 following the disbanding of the Committee of European Societies of Electron Microscopy (which was founded in 1976) as a union of national microscopical societies. The society acts as a regional committee of the International Federation of Societies for Microscopy.
Listed below are the bodies which are members of the EMS. All those listed have reciprocal membership agreements. The society has 52 corporate members (ECMA) and 37 individual members, with 28 member countries.
- Armenian Electron Microscopy Society (AEMS)
- Austrian Society for Electron Microscopy (ASEM)
- Belgian Society for Microscopy (BSM)
- Croatian Microscopy Society (CMS)
- Czechoslovak Microscopy Society (CSMS)
- Dutch Society for Microscopy (NVvM)
- Electron Microscopy and Analysis Group (Institute of Physics) (EMAG)
- French Microscopy Society (SFµ)
- German Society for Electron Microscopy (DGE)
- Hellenic Microscopy Society (HMS)
- Hungarian Society for Microscopy (HSM)
- Israel Society for Microscopy (ISM)
- Italian Society of Microscopical Sciences (SISM)
- Microscopical Society of Ireland (MSI)
- Nordic Microscopy Society (SCANDEM)
- Polish Society for Microscopy (PTMi)
- Portuguese Society for Microscopy (SPMicros)
- Romanian Electron Microscopy Society (REMS)
- Royal Microscopical Society (RMS)
- Serbian Society for Microscopy (SSM)
- Slovene Society for Microscopy (SDM)
- Spanish Society for Microscopy (SME)
- Swiss Society for Optics and Microscopy (SSOM)
- Turkish Society for Electron Microscopy (TEMD)
- Bulgarian National Committee for Electron Microscopy
- European Microbeam Analysis Society (EMAS)
- Greek Society of Electron Microscopy
- Institute of Physics
- Latvian Society for Electron Microscopy
- Rumanian National Committee for Electron Microscopy
- Russian Academy of Sciences
- Scottish Microscopy Group (SMG)
- "History". www.eurmicsoc.org. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "European Microscopy Society - Yearbook 2016". www.eurmicsoc.org. Bresson, Isère: Manufacture d'Histoires Deux-Ponts. 2016: 3, 8–9, 52–53. 15 February 2017. ISSN 1609-1191. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "2016-2020 Board". www.eurmicsoc.org. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Mission Statement". www.eurmicsoc.org. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- Physics, Institute of. "European Microscopy Society". Institute of Physics. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "European Microscopy Society - Yearbook Profile". Union of International Associations. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "National and regional societies". www.eurmicsoc.org. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- Physics, Institute of. "Electron Microscopy and Analysis Group". Institute of Physics. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Paavolainen, Lassi. "About the Society". Nordic Microscopy Society. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Membership Benefits". Royal Microscopical Society. Retrieved 15 May 2017.