European Parliament Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO) is a committee of the European Parliament.
Work of the committee
The committee is responsible for:
- coordination at Community level of national legislation in the sphere of the internal market and of the customs union, in particular:
- the free movement of goods including the harmonization of technical standards
- the right of establishment
- the freedom to provide services (other than in the financial and postal sectors)
- measures aiming at the identification and removal of potential obstacles to the functioning of the internal market;
- the promotion and protection of the economic interests of consumers (other than public health and food safety issues) in the context of the establishment of the internal market.
8th European Parliament (2014–19)
This section needs to be updated.(June 2022)
Russian invasion of Ukraine
- European Parliament press release 2014-07-07
- European Parliament, Activities related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, accessed 19 June 2022