European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights
The European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights is an intergroup of the European Parliament's legislators which focuses upon the right of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people both inside and outside the European Union. It collaborates with other LGBT associations such as ILGA-Europe.
By political group:
- 60 of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats (S&D)
- 20 of The Greens–European Free Alliance (Greens–EFA)
- 19 of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE)
- 17 of the European United Left–Nordic Green Left (GUE-NGL)
- 13 of the European People's Party (EPP)
- 5 of the European Conservatives and Reformists (ECR)
- 5 of Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy (EFDD)
The current secretary is Evert Jan Jacobsen since 2014.
Past secretaries include
- Oscar Ortiz-Nieminen (September 2005 – March 2006)
- Catrine Norrgård (December 2005 – June 2006)
- Kim Smouter (September 2006 – July 2007)
- Maris Sergejenko (April 2008 – June 2009)
- Bruno Selun (November 2009 - June 2014).
- Skoda, Ansgar (16 June 2013). "The EP Intergroup on LGBT Rights". The New Federalist.
- "Joint letter from the European Parliament’s Intergroup on LGBT Rights and ILGA-Europe about the homophobic law in Lithuania". Association Lithuanian Gay League. 22 August 2009.
- "Members". Lgbt-ep.eu. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
|This article about a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|