The Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office, also known as European Patent Institute (epi), is a professional association of European patent attorneys and an international non-governmental public law corporation. It was founded on October 21, 1977 by the Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation. All European patent attorneys, i.e. all persons entitled to act as professional representatives before the EPO (by virtue of either the European qualifying examination or the provisions of Article 163(7) EPC 1973), are members of the Institute.
|Presidents of the European Patent Institute
|x. Chris P. Mercer (circa 2006 - May 25, 2008), British
|y. Kim Finnilä (May 26, 2008 - ca. May–June 2011), Finnish
|z. Antonius "Tony" Tangena, (ca. May–June 2011 - ...), Dutch
The European Patent Institute publishes a quarterly journal, the epi Information (ISSN 1434-8853).
References and notes
- ^ Article 134a(1)(a) EPC, formerly Article 134(8)(b) EPC 1973
- ^ Article 134a(2) EPC. See also: Article 5(1) of the Regulation on the establishment of an institute of professional representatives before the European Patent Office, OJ 1997, 350 with corrections according to OJ 1997, 130, OJ 2002, 429 and OJ 2004, 361. (also here)
- ^ European Patent Institute web site, Board Members, retrieved on December 13, 2007 (archive.org version).
- ^ a b Council of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office, Official Journal EPO 8-9/2008, 462-468.
- ^ European Patent Institute web site, Board Members Archived December 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., retrieved on September 8, 2008.
- ^ European Patent Institute, Elected Board and Committee Members, epi Information 2/2011, p. 43.