European School of Economics
|Motto||visibilia ex invisibilibus|
|Type||Private business school|
|Location||London, New York City, Madrid, Rome, Milan, Florence|
The European School of Economics (ESE) is a private business school which offers UK bachelors and masters degrees and specialised short programmes at its campuses in London, New York City, Milan, Rome, Florence and Madrid. Specifically, ESE students can earn a BBA (Hons) in Marketing, Finance, Management, or Media and Communications; an MSc in Finance, Management or Marketing; or an MBA in Business Administration.
The European School of Economics (ESE) is a recognized Educational Institution. In April 2014 The British Accreditation Council recognized that ESE is listed among the institutions delivering courses that lead to Degrees awarded by Recognized Bodies. On November 2014 report by the Quality Assurance Agency shows that the existing partnership agreement with the Buckingham University, for strategic reasons, is to be terminated.
Students may also take non-degree short programmes in the specialised areas of Marketing, Management, Finance, HR and Entrepreneurship as well as Event Management, International Management, Art Management & Consultancy.
In 2016, the European School of Economics was recognised as a listed body (one which teaches degrees awarded by a UK university) by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills
In Spain in 2010, the Madrid Campus of the European School of Economics was authorised by the Ministry of Education and the Comunidad de Madrid to teach university-level programmes leading to the award of a British degree in Spain. This authorisation allows ESE students who successfully complete the degree programme to apply for recognition of the British degree as an equivalent to the corresponding Spanish level of studies. All the Degree programs taught at ESE Madrid are registered at the Comunidad de Madrid as an authorized institution.
In July 2001, when military service was still compulsory in Italy, a decree was signed stating that Italian students enrolled in European universities, but studying on Italian soil, did not have the right to postpone their military service. This decree was invoked against ESE 1,800 times, in the face of its persistent defence of its students’ right to postpone service.
The TAR in the Veneto region with sentence n. 3092 of June 5, 2002, annulling the provision of the Military District of Padova, recognised the rights of the students enrolled in ESE and attending courses in Italy to obtain the postponement of the fulfillment of their military obligation in order to study. Consecutively, all of the above-mentioned decrees were challenged and reversed giving ESE students 1800 victories over the Italian State.
On December 12, 2013, the European School of Economics UK Ltd. (ESE Foundation) became a charity.
Current operational status
1) UCAS Archived January 8, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. 2) http://www.masterstudies.com/universities/United-Kingdom/ESE-Global/ Masters Studies 3)EMES http://www.emes.es/Sistemauniversitario/CentrosautorizadosExtranjeros/tabid/659/Default.aspx 4) document no longer exists. BAC accredited ESE 's UK courses in London only. 5) European School of Economics (PDF) – Quality Assurance Agency, Nov 2014 http://www.qaa.ac.uk/en/ReviewsAndReports/Documents/European%20School%20of%20Economics/European-School-of-Economics-REO-AM-14.pdf 6) https://www.gov.uk/check-a-university-is-officially-recognised/listed-bodies 7) Gestiona http://gestiona.madrid.org/wleg_pub/secure/busquedaAvanzada/buscador.jsf;jsessionid=CDD99B31FB6F867124DC9DBAD531DE69.p0313335 8) “Boletin Oficial de la Comunidad de Madrid", no. 4999/2010”https://www.scribd.com/doc/110419556/Comunidad-de-Madrid-Autorizacion 9) EducaWeb http://www.educaweb.com/centro/ese-european-school-of-economics-madrid-madrid-27568/ 10) "Buckingham teams up with controversial school" Times Higher Education https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/buckingham-teams-up-with-controversial-school/197449.article?storyCode=197449§ioncode=26 11) REPUBBLICA ITALIANA https://www.scribd.com/doc/110419216/Boletin-Oficial-de-La-Comunidad-de-Madrid-No-4999-2010
- UCAS Archived January 8, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Masters Studies
- Certificate of Accreditation
- European School of Economics (PDF) – Quality Assurance Agency, Nov 2014]
- “Boletin Oficial de la Comunidad de Madrid", no. 4999/2010”
- "Buckingham teams up with controversial school" Times Higher Education
- REPUBBLICA ITALIANA
- Liquidator has been appointed, cf. https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/03474028