European School of Management and Technology
|Type||Private business school|
|38 members from 19 countries (as of May 2017) |
Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany,
The European School of Management and Technology, also known as ESMT Berlin, is a private non-profit business school based in Berlin, Germany with an additional site at Schloss Gracht near Cologne. The school was founded in 2002 by 25 global companies and institutions including Bosch, KPMG, Siemens and T-Mobile. ESMT Berlin offers a masters degree in Management, a Full-time MBA, and an Executive MBA, as well as executive education in the form of open enrollment and customized programs. ESMT Berlin is one of four business schools in Germany with the Triple accreditation.
ESMT Berlin is accredited by Association of MBAs (AMBA), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA). It is the one of the four business schools in Germany with Triple accreditation.
European Business Schools
- Times Higher Education and Wall Street Journal Top tier: one-year MBA 2018: 16
- The Economist "Which MBA?" Ranking 2017: 41
- Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2019: 79
Master's in Management
- Financial Times Executive Education The top 30 schools worldwide 2019: 12
- Financial Times Executive Education Open 2019: 8
- Financial Times Executive Education Customized 2019: 18
The school's headquarters and main campus is located in the former GDR Staatsratsgebäude in Berlin next to the Federal Foreign Office and opposite of the UNESCO world cultural heritage Museum Island. Constructed in 1960s’ socialist architectural style to host the Staatsrat (National Council) of the GDR, it represented the supreme institution of the East German state governance. From 2004 to 2005 the building underwent an extensive renovation supervised by the German architect HG Merz. The main foyer is accessible to the public and guided tours are available.
The school's Cologne campus, Schloss Gracht, is a historic castle and grounds where the Metternich family lived for centuries. From 1968 it was the home of the Universitätsseminar der Wirtschaft (USW) which offered executive education courses. USW was later integrated into ESMT Berlin and became the site of ESMT's German-language executive education courses. After successfully integrating the courses into the main campus of ESMT in Berlin, Schloss Gracht was sold as of November 30, 2018. It will be converted into a stress and sports medicine centre.
Centers and chairs
- Center for Financial Reporting and Auditing (CFRA)
- Center for Leadership Development Research (CLDR)
- Center for Sustainable Business and Leadership (CSBL)
- Digital Society Institute (DSI)
- Hidden Champions Institute (HCI)
- Institute for Endowment Management and Entrepreneurial Finance (IFEE)
- Deutsche Post DHL Chair
- Deutsche Telekom Chair in Leadership and HR Development
- EY Chair in Governance and Compliance
- Ingrid and Manfred Gentz Chair in Business and Society
- Lufthansa Group Chair in Innovation
- Michael Diekmann Chair in Management Science
- POK Pühringer PS Chair in Entrepreneurship
The main governance structures are the Executive Management Committee, chaired by Jörg Rocholl, PhD, President and Managing Director of ESMT Berlin and the Supervisory Board of ESMT GmbH chaired by Werner Zedelius, Senior Advisor, Allianz SE. 
The school's founders include:
- Allianz SE
- Axel Springer AG
- Bayer AG
- Bayerische Hypo- und Vereinsbank AG
- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
- Confederation of German Employers' Associations (Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände, BDA) e.V.
- Daimler AG
- Deutsche Bank AG
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- Deutsche Post AG
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- E.ON AG
- Federation of German Industries (Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie, BDI) e.V.
- GAZPROM Germania GmbH
- innogy SE
- KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- MAN SE
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE
- Siemens AG
- The Boston Consulting Group
- thyssenkrupp AG
- "ESMT: International Business School with Strong Corporate Support". ESMT.
- "Jorg Rocholl". Bruegel.
- "Key facts | ESMT Berlin".
- "European School of Management and Technology". The Complete University Guide.
- European School of Management and Technology (4 December 2013). "ESMT receives right to grant PhDs" (press release). Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- European School of Management and Technology. Degree Programs. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- European School of Management and Technology. Executive Education/ Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- AMBA. Accredited Business Schools. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- AACSB. AACSB-Accredited Universities and Schools (Germany). Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- EFMD. EQUIS Accredited Schools. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- FIBAA (February 2016). Assessment Report: European School of Management and Technology. Retrieved 17 May 2018
- "Black Admissions at Top-Tier Liberal Arts Colleges". The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (4): 30–32. 1994. doi:10.2307/2963368. ISSN 1077-3711. JSTOR 2963368.
- "2018 MBA & Business School Rankings | Which MBA?".
- "Executive MBA Ranking 2018". The Economist.
- "Masters in Management 2017 Ranking". The Economist. Retrieved 2017-10-09.
- "Financial Times Executive Education The top 30 schools worldwide 2019". Retrieved 2019-06-04.
- "ESMT Berlin | ESMT Berlin".
- "ESMT Berlin sells Schloss Gracht and moves ahead with international expansion | ESMT Press".
- Komuth, Horst (4 May 2018), "Besitzer wechselt Schloss Gracht in Erftstadt wird zum Zentrum für Stressmedizin". Kölnische Rundschau. Retrieved 11 July 2018 ‹See Tfd›(in German).
- European School of Management and Technology. "Centers & Chairs". ESMT Berlin. Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- "Allianz | Aufsichtsrat ernennt neue Vorstandsmitglieder und schlägt Kandidaten für Aufsichtsratswahlen vor".
- European School of Management and Technology. "Governing bodies". ESMT Berlin. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "ESMT Berlin - Master´s in Management". Mim-compass.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to European School of Management and Technology.|