European School of Management and Technology
|Type||Private business school|
|38 members from 19 countries (as of May 2017) |
|Address||Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany, Berlin, Germany|
The European School of Management and Technology, also known as ESMT Berlin, is a private non-profit business school based in Berlin, Germany with an additional site at Schloss Gracht near Cologne. The school was founded in 2002 by 25 global companies and institutions including Bosch, KPMG, Siemens and T-Mobile. ESMT Berlin offers a masters degree in Management, a Full-time MBA, and an Executive MBA, as well as executive education in the form of open enrollment and customized programs. ESMT Berlin is one of four business schools in Germany with the Triple accreditation.
ESMT Berlin is accredited by Association of MBAs (AMBA), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA). It is the one of the four business schools in Germany with Triple accreditation. (The other three are Mannheim Business School and Grenoble Ecole de Management and ESCP Europe, both of which have German branches.)
European Business Schools
- The Economist "Which MBA?" Ranking 2017: 41
- Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2018: 88
- Bloomberg Businessweek Full-Time MBA International 2017: 15
Master's in Management
- Financial Times Executive Education Customized 2017: 11
- Financial Times Executive Education Open 2017:8
The school's headquarters and main campus is located in the former GDR Staatsratsgebäude in Berlin next to the Federal Foreign Office and opposite of the UNESCO world cultural heritage Museum Island. Constructed in 1960s’ socialist architectural style to host the Staatsrat (National Council) of the GDR, it represented the supreme institution of the East German state governance. From 2004 to 2005 the building underwent an extensive renovation supervised by the German architect HG Merz. The main foyer is accessible to the public and guided tours are available.
The school's Cologne campus, Schloss Gracht, is a historic castle and grounds where the Metternich family lived for centuries. From 1968 it was the home of the Universitätsseminar der Wirtschaft (USW) which offered executive education courses. USW was later integrated into ESMT Berlin and became the site of ESMT's German-language executive education courses. In May 2018, ESMT announced that it was selling the complex to a company which planned to convert it into a stress and sports medicine centre.
Centers and chairs
- Center for Financial Reporting and Auditing (CFRA)
- Center for Leadership Development Research (CLDR)
- Center for Sustainable Business (CSB)
- Digital Society Institute (DSI)
- Hidden Champions Institute (HCI)
- Institute for Endowment Management and Entrepreneurial Finance (IFEE)
- Deutsche Post DHL Chair
- Deutsche Telekom Chair in Leadership and HR Development
- EY Chair in Governance and Compliance
- Lufthansa Group Chair in Innovation
- Michael Diekmann Chair in Management Science
- POK Pühringer PS Chair in Entrepreneurship
The main governance structures are the Executive Management Committee, chaired by Jörg Rocholl, PhD, President and Managing Director of ESMT Berlin and the Supervisory Board of ESMT GmbH chaired by Werner Zedelius, Senior Advisor, Allianz SE. 
The school's founders include:
- Allianz SE
- Axel Springer AG
- Bayer AG
- Bayerische Hypo- und Vereinsbank AG
- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
- Confederation of German Employers' Associations (Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände, BDA) e.V.
- Daimler AG
- Deutsche Bank AG
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- Deutsche Post AG
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- E.ON AG
- Federation of German Industries (Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie, BDI) e.V.
- GAZPROM Germania GmbH
- innogy SE
- KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- MAN SE
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE
- Siemens AG
- The Boston Consulting Group
- thyssenkrupp AG
- "ESMT: International Business School with Strong Corporate Support". ESMT.
- "Jorg Rocholl". Bruegel.
- "European School of Management and Technology". The complete university guide.
- European School of Management and Technology (4 December 2013). "ESMT receives right to grant PhDs" (press release). Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- European School of Management and Technology. Degree Programs. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- European School of Management and Technology. Executive Education/ Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- AMBA. Accredited Business Schools. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- AACSB. AACSB-Accredited Universities and Schools (Germany). Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- EFMD. EQUIS Accredited Schools. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- FIBAA (February 2016). Assessment Report: European School of Management and Technology. Retrieved 17 May 2018
- Schwertfeger, Bärbel (1 February 2017). "GISMA eröffnet Campus in Berlin". MBA Journal. Retrieved 29 May 2018 (in German).
- "Masters in Management 2017 Ranking". The Economist. Retrieved 2017-10-09.
- Komuth, Horst (4 May 2018), "Besitzer wechselt Schloss Gracht in Erftstadt wird zum Zentrum für Stressmedizin". Kölnische Rundschau. Retrieved 11 July 2018 (in German).
- European School of Management and Technology. "Centers & Chairs". ESMT Berlin. Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- European School of Management and Technology. "Governing bodies". ESMT Berlin. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "ESMT Berlin - Master´s in Management". Mim-compass.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to European School of Management and Technology.|