European route E15
|North end:||Inverness (United Kingdom)|
|South end:||Algeciras (Spain)|
|International E-road network|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to E15.|
The European route E 15 is part of the United Nations international E-road network. It is a north-south "reference road", running from Inverness, Scotland south through England and France to Algeciras, Spain. Along most of its route between Paris and London, the road parallels the LGV Nord (as the French A1 autoroute) and High Speed 1 (as the English M20 motorway).
Distances in this article are computed from www.viamichelin.co.uk.
United Kingdom (987 km)
Like all other E-roads, the E15 is not signed in the United Kingdom. It follows the following roads:
- A9, Inverness to Perth
- M90 and A90, Perth to Edinburgh
- A902, A8 and A720 around Edinburgh
- A68, Edinburgh to Otterburn
- A696, Otterburn to Newcastle upon Tyne
- A1 and A1(M), Newcastle upon Tyne to London
- M25 north of River Thames, A282 (Dartford Tunnel), M25 south of Thames, passing London to the east. This section merges with the E30 between the A1 and Brentwood, Essex.
- M20 and A20, London to Dover
The E15 has a gap at the English Channel between Dover and Calais, France. There is a ferry link between Dover and Calais. The Eurotunnel Shuttle (using the Channel Tunnel) provides an alternative link via Folkestone.
France (1173 km)
In France, the E15 follows the following roads:
- A26 autoroute – Calais-Saint-Omer-Béthune-Arras (Autoroute des Anglais)
- A1 autoroute – Arras-Compiègne-Senlis-Aéroporte CDG (Autoroute du Nord)
- A3 autoroute – Aéroport CDG-Bobigny-Paris Porte de Bagnolet
- Boulevard Périphérique – Paris Porte de Bagnolet- Porte d'Italie
- A6 autoroute – Paris Porte d'italie-Évry-Auxerre-Avallon-Beaune-Chalons sur Saône-Mâcon-Lyon (Autoroute du Soleil)
- A7 autoroute – Lyon-Vienne-Valence-Montelimar-Orange (Autoroute du Soleil)
- A9 autoroute – Orange-Nîmes-Montpellier-Béziers-Narbonne-Perpignan-Le Perthus (La Languedocienne)
Spain (1273 km)
In Spain, the route follows the following roads:
The route passes through or closely around the following major settlements: