E8 European long distance path
After Ireland it crosses the Irish Sea into the United Kingdom, where it follows part of the Trans Pennine Trail. After crossing the North Sea, it passes through the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Ukraine and Romania. It finally crosses Bulgaria before reaching Turkey.
It was the first European long distance path to be designated, and opened, in the UK. The section was opened in 1996.
Some of the eastern sections of the route are yet to be finalised.
- E8 at the European Ramblers' Association
- E8 at the UK Ramblers' Association
- Digitalized Slovak part of E8, GPX download included
- E8 at The Long Distance Walkers Association
- Part of the Irish trail
- maps, tracks, informations and travellogs (in German) from Ireland to Romania
|This trail or long-distance path-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|