From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Eurycrates.
|King Eurycratides of Sparta|
|Issue||King Leon of Sparta|
|Father||King Anaxander of Sparta|
|Mother||Consort of Anaxander|
Eurycratides (Greek: Εὐρυκρατίδης, "wide ruler") was the thirteenth king of Sparta from the Agiad dynasty. He succeeded his father Anaxander around 615 BC and reigned during a devastating period of war with Tegea.
- Totius latinitatis lexicon: C-E (1861) by Egidio Forcellini, Vincenzo de Vit and Giuseppe Furlanetto
- Plutarch’s Morals, Volume 1
- Herodotus 1.65.
- Ancient History: A Revised Chronology, Volume 1 by Anthony Lyle
- Herodotus 7.204, "(Leonides) Anaxandrides' son, Leon’s son, Eurycratides’ son, Anaxandrus’ son, Eurycrates’ son".
- Works related to King Eurycratides of Sparta at Wikisource
|Agiad King of Sparta
615 – 590 BC