|Full name||Eusebiu Iancu Diaconu|
|Born||16 March 1981|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
|Coached by||Gheorghe Mocanu|
Eusebiu Iancu Diaconu (born March 16, 1981 in Bacău) is an amateur Romanian Greco-Roman wrestler, who played for the men's lightweight category. He is a two-time Olympian, a three-time medalist at the European Championships, and a three-time bronze medalist (2003, 2005, and 2007) for his division at the World Championships. He is also a member of CCS Bacau Wrestling, and is coached and trained by Gheorghe Mocanu.
Diaconu made his official debut for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, where he reached the knock-out stage of the men's 60 kg, by winning the preliminary pool round against U.S. wrestler Jim Gruenwald and Portugal's Hugo Passos. He lost the quarterfinal match to South Korea's Jung Ji-Hyun, with a final score of 0–6.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Diaconu competed for the second time in the men's 60 kg class. He first defeated Egypt's Ashraf El-Gharably by a superiority decision in the qualifying round, before losing out the preliminary round of sixteen to Azerbaijan's Vitaliy Rahimov, with a classification score of 1–3. Because his opponent advanced further into the final match, Diaconu offered another shot for the bronze medal by entering the repechage bouts. He was defeated by China's Sheng Jiang in the first round, with a score of 5–8.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Eusebiu Diaconu". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "It's all Greco to me!". China Daily. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- Sesker, Craig (11 September 2007). "2007 World Championships preview at 60 kg/132 lbs. in Greco-Roman wrestling". USA Wrestling. The Mat. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "South Korean Jung Ji Hyun wins men's 60kg Greco-Roman wrestling old". People's Daily Online. 27 August 2004. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "Men's Greco-Roman 60kg (132 lbs) Round of 16 Final". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "Men's Greco-Roman 60kg (132 lbs) Repechage Round 1". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Romanian sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|