This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eva Gardner with her signature Fender Precision bass
|Birth name||Eva Catherine Gardner|
|Born||February 17, 1979|
|Genres||Progressive rock, experimental rock|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, vocals|
|Associated acts||Gwen Stefani, Pink, Cher, The Mars Volta, Veruca Salt, Tegan and Sara|
Eva Catherine Gardner (born February 17, 1979) is an electric bassist from Los Angeles, California. She is a graduate of the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts, where she studied under trumpet player Bobby Rodriguez. She holds a degree in ethnomusicology from UCLA (Cum Laude). Eva Gardner is the daughter of The Creation bassist Kim Gardner, and cites her father as her primary influence.
Eva was the original bassist for The Mars Volta (2001). Her work appears on their first EP Tremulant and although she did not perform on the recording of Deloused in the Comatorium, she did write some of the basslines. She left due to complications of her father dying while The Mars Volta was on tour.
Eva Gardner joined Pink’s band in 2007. She completed touring Europe and South Africa in September 2007 and did promotion for the release of Funhouse in 2008. In 2009 Eva was touring bassist for Pink’s record-breaking Funhouse Tour (Europe, Australia, UK, United States). She continued touring with Pink in 2010 for the Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour in Europe, the final tour of the Funhouse album era.
In 2011 Gardner formed Telstar with Chris Unck of Butch Walker and the Black Widows, recorded Hot Knives EP and the 2 singles "Getting Around Town” and “Lightning's Girl", plus released music videos for "Are You Hungry" and "everysinglebodyelse".
Eva appeared in an episode of My Ghost Story (Season 6, Episode14), talking about her father's restaurant being haunted.
While on a break in the middle of Pink's The Truth About Love Tour, Eva joined Moby's band for performances on Conan O'Brien plus three live shows at The Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles on October 3–5, 2013.
In January 2014, the Eva Gardner's signature Precision Bass was released for public purchase via Squier by Fender. The bass features a graphic of a ship that is a replica image of a tattoo on her arm.
In early 2017 Eva joined the Classic Cher residency show with dates in Las Vegas, NV and Washington, D.C.
TV show appearances
With Pink: The Oprah Winfrey Show, MTV Video Music Awards, American Music Awards, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The View, The Today Show, The Grammys, Saturday Night Live (2017), Good Morning America, Country Music Association Awards (CMAs)
With The Mars Volta & Omar Rodríguez-López
- Protocol - EP (2006)
- Move - EP (2007)
- Hot Knives - EP (2011)
- Lightnings Girl - single (2011)
- Getting Around Town - single (2011)
- Moby: Almost Home - Live at the Fonda Theatre, LA (2014)
- "Eva Gardner: Pink 'Has Some Great Songs, And She Can Really, Really Sing'". ultimate-guitar.com.
- "Squier® - Stop Dreaming, Start Playing!™". www.fender.com.
- "Fender® Artists: Eva Gardner". Fender.com.
- "Eva Gardner | Ampeg". Ampeg.com.
- "ROTOSOUND MUSIC STRINGS - ENDORSING ARTISTS". Rotosound.com. Archived from the original on 2011-02-05.
- "Omar Rodriguez-Lopez To Release 12 Solo Albums On Ipecac Records Before Years' End".
- "Amazon.com: Pink: The Truth About Love Tour, Live from Melbourne: P!nk ., Larn Poland, Roger Davies: Amazon Digital Services LLC". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- Boyd, Matt (2014-03-04), Almost Home: Live At The Fonda, LA, Mute, retrieved 2017-11-21
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eva Gardner.|