23 June 1995 |
Eva Lazzaro (born 23 June 1995) in Melbourne, is an Australian actress. She is perhaps best known for her roles as Caylin-Calandria in the 2006 film Jindabyne and Stacey in the 2009 film Blessed. Her first role was a guest spot in Blue Heelers in 2002. She has also had minor parts in the television series Underbelly and Nightmares and Dreamscapes. She regularly appears as Gigi Kovac in the Australian drama Tangle and as Zoe in the children's show The Elephant Princess. Lazzaro was nominated for a 2010 TV Week Logie Award, for Graham Kennedy Award for Outstanding New Talent, and was also nominated for an ASTRA award in a similar category.
Lazzaro first short film as director was "Alice's Baby" based on her own experience with her mother's miscarriage. The films entrance into Tropfest saw her become the youngest female finalist at the festival.
- Power, Rachel (30 October 2009), "Eva Lazzaro", The Melbourne Magazine (The Age)
- Ritchie, Ruth (7 August 2010), "The kids are all right", The Sydney Morning Herald
- Kalina, Paul (23 February 2012), "SHORT-FILM WINNER", The Age
- Leo, Jessica (24 April 2010), "2010 LOGIE AWARDS It's a long queue to Logies limelight", The Advertiser
- Maddox, Garry (20 February 2012), "Personal subject puts precocious teenager into the Tropfest spotlight", The Sydney Morning Herald
- Davey, Melissa (4 February 2012), "Global message makes the mark at Tropfest", The Sydney Morning Herald
- McUtchen, Andrew (2012-06-27). "Young & Restless". The Weekly Review.