Marcille in Los Angeles, 2012
Eva Marcille Pigford|
October 30, 1984
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Eva the Diva, Eva Pigford, D-Eva, Eva Diva|
Kevin McCall (Ex-Partner)Michael Sterling (m. 2018)
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Eye color||Hazel / Green|
L.A Models |
Ford Models, Uber-Warning Models
Eva Marcille Pigford (born October 30, 1984), known professionally as Eva Marcille, is an American actress, TV host and fashion model, who most recently played the role of Tyra Hamilton on the soap opera The Young and the Restless. She started her career by winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
She attended Raymond Avenue Elementary School, Marina Del Rey Middle School, and Washington Preparatory High School (2002). She attended Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, Georgia; however, she left the school shortly after winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model at the age of 19.
Marcille was the winner of the third cycle of America's Next Top Model, beating fellow contestants Yaya DaCosta, Amanda Swafford, and Ann Markley. Her prizes included a CoverGirl cosmetics contract, a spread in Elle, and a modeling contract with Ford Models.
Marcille has appeared on the cover of Brides Noir, Women's Health and Fitness (May 2005), King (June 2005), IONA (November 2005), and Essence. Her other modeling credits include CoverGirl, DKNY, Samsung, Red by Marc Ecko, Jewel, In Touch Weekly (June 2005), King (November 2005), WeTheUrban, IONA, UNleashed, Star Magazine, Elle, Elle Girl, Apple Bottoms, Lerner Catalog, Avon Campaign 4 and Rolling Out.
Marcille's runway shows include the Marc Bouwer Fall 2005, Elle Girl presents Dare to Be You: Wal-Mart Meets America's Next Top Model 2005, Gharani Strok Fall 2005, Deborah Lindquist Spring 2006, Naqada Spring 2006, 8th Annual 'Models of Perfection' Show 2006, and L.A. Fashion Week's Monarchy Collection Fall 2007.
On November 15, 2006, Marcille left her managers Benny Medina and Tyra Banks. After leaving Banks and Medina for new management, she officially dropped "Pigford" from her name, now going by Eva Marcille (her middle name). She has stated she did this in order to not use her modeling fame to get into acting but earn her acting roles.
Marcille has guest-starred on several series on UPN and The CW Network. Her guest-star credits include two episodes of Kevin Hill, one episode of Smallville, one episode of Everybody Hates Chris, and one episode of The Game as herself. Marcille has also appeared on Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
In addition, Marcille hosted BET J's reality show My Model Looks Better Than Your Model, as well as Rip the Runway on BET. Furthermore, she has appeared in several music videos, including "Baby" by Angie Stone (featuring Betty Wright), 50 Cent's "I Get Money" and Jamie Foxx's "DJ Play a Love Song". She is also mentioned in Lil' Kim's song, "I Know You See Me" and Missy Elliott's "On & On" where the rapper sings, "Top model diva but my name not Eva."
Marcille was cast as a regular on a FOX show called The Wedding Album in 2006, but FOX cancelled it before it aired.
In 2008 she joined the cast of The Young and the Restless as a young mother named Tyra Hamilton. (Contrary to speculation, Marcille's character was not named after Tyra Banks, but for The Young and The Restless' head writer Maria Arena Bell's best friend's daughter whose name is Tyra.) After a few months, her character, who was planned to be temporary was made permanent. In 2009, Marcille was nominated for two NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for her Y&R role but didn't get the awards. She did however win a Young Hollywood award.
She appeared in a June 2009 episode of the BET prank show Played by Fame, where contestants have nightmarish dates with celebrities.
In August 2013, Marcille appeared in the video clip "J'accélère (I accelerate)" by French rapper Rohff.
In August 2017, Marcille competed in the first season of VH1's Scared Famous, which premiered on October 23, 2017. Since early 2018, she has appeared on The Real Housewives of Atlanta as a friend of Nene Leakes.
In July 2006, Marcille started dating Tyler Perry's House of Payne star Lance Gross. They got engaged on December 24, 2008 and split up in March 2010. She also dated rapper Flo Rida from 2010 to 2012.
Marcille has a daughter, Marley (born January 31, 2014) from her previous relationship with Kevin McCall. She and McCall split in spring 2014 and Marcille stated she has custody of their daughter.
Marcille became engaged to Atlanta-based attorney Michael Sterling in December 2017. Marcille and Sterling married on October 7, 2018. The couple have a son, Michael Sterling, Jr, born in April 2018.
- Born Again Virgin (2015) as Tara
- Real Husbands of Hollywood (2013) as herself (3 episodes)
- "J'accélère" music video by Rohff (2013)
- Girlfriend Confidential: LA (2012) as herself
- "Best of Me" music video by Tyrese (2012)
- "Live It Up" music video by Jennifer Lopez
- Note to Self (2012) as Karen Wells
- The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down (2010) as Jasmine
- Let's Stay Together (2010) as Raynelle (1 episode)
- The Assistants (2009) as Alicia James (1 episode)
- The Young and the Restless (2008–2009) as Tyra Hamilton (72 episodes)
- Tyler Perry's House of Payne (2007–2011) as Tracie (6 episodes)
- Super Capers (2009) as News Reporter
- Everybody Hates Chris (2007) as Mrs. Crabtree (1 episode)
- Smallville (2007) as Tyler Crenshaw (S07E03)
- I Think I Love My Wife (2007) as Hope
- Crossover (2006) as Vanessa
- Premium (2006) as Farrah
- The Wedding Album (2006) as Gretchen
- The Walk (2005) as Sydney Lee
- Kevin Hill (2005) as Sandra (2 episodes)
- The Game as herself
- Wild N' Out as herself (1 episode)
- Sister Code (2015) as Sheila
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta (2018- Present) (Recurring Season 10; Main Cast Season 11- )
- Scared Famous as herself (2017)
- Eva Marcille at the Fashion Model Directory
- "Eva Pigford". NYTimes.com. Retrieved April 24, 2009.
- Eva Marcille interview at B. Scott. YouTube.
- "Eva Pigford wins UPN America's Next Top Model". Reality TV world. Retrieved December 26, 2006.
- "Profile: Eva Pigford". Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011.
- "Fall 2005 Designers Marc Bouwer". Olympus Fashion Week. Archived from the original on August 21, 2006.
- "Eva Pigford and Jamie Foxx". Reality TV Stars in the News. About.com.
- "Nick Cannon Presents Wild N Out: Episode Guide". TV.com.
- "Top Model Eva Marcille Cast on The Young and the Restless!". The Young and the Restless News. Soaps.com. June 6, 2008.
- Bellino, Damian. "VH1 Announces Scared Famous Starring Tiffany Pollard, Drita D'Avanzo, Alaska Thunderf-uck, and More!". VH1 News. Viacom International. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Eva Marcille and Lance Gross Breakup EXCLUSIVE". Essence.com. 2010-03-24. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- September 11, 2012 (2012-09-11). "Eva Marcille talks heartbreak". S2SMagazine. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Blumm, K.C. (February 1, 2014). "Eva Marcille Welcomes Daughter Marley Rae". People.com. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "America's Next Top Model Eva Marcille Restraining Order". TMZ.com. April 30, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Porter, Lauren (January 28, 2018). "Eva Marcille On Her Daughter and Letting Go Of The Past". Essence.com. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Eva Marcille Engaged". Nydailynews.com. December 25, 2017. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Guglielmi, Jodi and Leon, Anya (October 8, 2018). "Eva Marcille Marries Michael Sterling in Atlanta Wedding". Peple.com. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Juneau, Jen and Leon, Anya (April 13, 2018). "Eva Marcille Welcomes Son". People.com. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
| America's Next Top Model winner
Cycle 3 (2004)