Eva Mei (born 1967) is an Italian coloratura soprano.
Mei was born in Fabriano. She graduated from the Conservatorio Luigi Cherubini in Florence. In 1990, at the Mozart Competition in Vienna, she won the Catarina Cavalieri Prize for her interpretation of Konstanze in Mozart's Die Entführung aus dem Serail.
Since her debut at the Vienna State Opera in 1990, she has appeared in the other theatres of Europe and of the world, including: Berlin State Opera, Royal Opera House in London, La Scala in Milan (1993), Rossini Opera Festival in Pesaro (1996), Salzburg Festival, Opera Nomori in Tokyo.
Mei's discography includes Don Pasquale, I Capuleti e i Montecchi, Norma, Tancredi, arias by Bellini, Donizetti and Rossini, Beethoven's Missa solemnis, Handel's cantatas, and Pergolesi's Stabat Mater.
- "Eva Mei" Archived 2013-02-03 at archive.today, biography at styriarte (in German)
- Foletto, Angelo (1994-07-18). "Muti ricrea 'Norma'". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- "Großer Erfolg für die "Zauberflöte" am Vorarlberger Landestheater". Vorarlberg Online (in German). 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- Discography at AllMusic
- Interview with Eva Mei by Bruce Duffie, January 24, 2000
- Eva Mei PrimaFila artists
- Eva Mei In Art Management