|Born||January 5, 1988|
British Columbia, Canada
|Occupation||Outdoor lifestyle influencer, Author, TV host, Blogger and Brand ambassador|
|Known for||Outdoors, Bowhunting and Conservation|
|Making the front cover of Field & Stream and USA Today Hunt & Fish|
|Home town||Vancouver Island, Canada|
|Spouse(s)||Tim Brent (2015-present)|
|Children||Lennon (Leni) Bow Brent Boone Ian James Brent|
|Parent(s)||Jim Shockey and Louise Shockey|
|Relatives||Hal Shockey (grandfather)|
|Awards||Outdoor Channel’s Golden Moose Awards and Outdoor Sportsman Group's Outdoor Sportsman Awards|
This article's "Intro" section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eva Shockey (born January 5, 1988) is an author, a top TV personality, a rising social media star (2M followers & counting), a lifestyle blogger, an acclaimed bow hunter, a conservationist and a brand ambassador. Forbes called her an “[outdoor lifestyle] brand-building force to be reckoned with.”
Shockey entered the scene about 15 years ago as the co-host of her father Jim Shockey's television show on Outdoor Channel -- Jim Shockey's Hunting Adventures. On the extreme adventure series, she can be seen scaling rugged mountains 8,000+ feet above sea level, camping out under a blanket of stars in subzero temperatures, and trekking through the wildlands of the Yukon territory and beyond. Shockey has since knocked down the barriers of the male-dominated outdoor arena and ushered in a new wave of women and young girls passionate about such pursuits. Along her journey of empowerment and self-discovery, which she details in her book, Taking Aim (Convergent Books/Penguin Random House), Eva has inspired many to follow their passions and to get outdoors.
Shockey was born on January 5, 1988 on Vancouver Island, Canada to hunter and outdoorsman Jim Shockey and Louise Johann. She was about twenty years old when she started hunting. Prior to that, Shockey was a competitive Latin ballroom dancer and taught dance. Shockey married former professional hockey player Tim Brent on June 20, 2015. On January 12, 2017, she had a baby girl by the name of Leni Bow Brent.
Eva Shockey is the co-host of Jim Shockey's Hunting Adventures on Outdoor Channel alongside her father, Jim Shockey. She occasionally serves as host for various TV specials and red carpet events for the network.
Eva Shockey appeared on the cover of Field & Stream magazine on the May 2014 issue - making her the second woman ever to be photographed for the magazine cover, the first being Queen Elizabeth II.
Shockey also appeared in a commercial for RAM Trucks "Courage is Already Inside." The commercial featured an all-female cast mountain climbing, bow hunting, performing on stages, and surfing.
USA Today Hunt & Fish interviewed Jim and Eva Shockey for the cover story of their Summer/Fall 2015 issue. The father-daughter duo cover story highlights Eva’s journey to becoming the new face of the hunting industry; how hunting has always been central to Jim’s life; and the dynamic relationship between the two.
Shockey has two Signature Series bows with Bowtech Archery – the BowTech Eva Shockey Signature Series Compound Bow launched in 2015 and the Mossy Oak Break-Up Country finish launched in 2016.
On August 29, 2017, she released a book titled Taking Aim: Daring to Be Different, Happier, and Healthier in the Great Outdoors.
She added lifestyle blogger to her repertoire in March 2018. The blog spans topics such as: Family, Food, Fashion & Décor, Fitness, Home, and Travel & Outdoor Adventure.
In November 2018, Shockey served as the Thanksgiving marathon host of Last Man Standing on WGN America, offering tips for cooking a field-to-table dinner, thoughts on decorating for the holiday season, and views all things outdoors.
She unveiled her new Facebook Watch digital series in December 2018, called Eva Shockey's Outdoor 101. The outdoor lifestyle digital series chronicles the adventures of Eva and her family as they traverse their adopted home state of North Carolina, sharing her favorite locations and outdoor hacks to better the open-air experience.
- Paulson, Kevin. "The Eva Shockey Interview", Hunting Life, February 24, 2014.
- Anstine, Mia. "Mia & The Little Gal: An interview with Eva Shockey", The WON, March 11, 2013.
- McGraw, Glenn . "Eva Shockey Engaged To Fiance Tim Brent, Shows Off Beautiful Ring" Archived May 5, 2019, at the Wayback Machine Gamedayr May 23, 2014.
- "Field & Stream Features Female Hunter On Cover For First Time in 30 Years", Bonnier Corporation.
- "'Kill Your Dog?!': Famous Female Hunter Gets Hate-Filled Messages" Fox News, November 17, 2014.
- "Famous female hunter faces online backlash" FOX News, November 17, 2014.
- "Ram Trucks | Courage Is Already Inside" YouTube
- Gianatasio, David. "As Dove Debates Beauty, Ram Celebrates Women for Being Strong to the Core" Adweek, April 27, 2015.
- Rau, Nate. "ACM Awards has best ratings in 17 years" The Tennessean, April 23, 2015.
- Sullivan, JR. "Jim and Eva Shockey make hunting a family affair" USA Today, August 21, 2015.
- "USA TODAY Hunt & Fish Magazine — Summer/Fall 2015" USA Today
- "Cabela’s Announces Eva Shockey as Brand Ambassador" Outdoor Hub, August 4, 2015.
- "2016 BowTech Eva Shockey Signature Series Compound Bow" Lancaster Archery
- Smith, Brad. "BREAKING: BOWTECH AND EVA SHOCKEY TEAM UP FOR 2015" Wide Open Spaces, January 9, 2015.
- McGee, Ashley. "EVA SHOCKEY SIGNATURE SERIES BOW NOW AVAILABLE IN MOSSY OAK" Wide Open Spaces, January 10, 2016.