Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth
|Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth|
|Producer(s)||Glen Parry (Producer)
Simon Bailey (Executive Producer)
Howard Neumark (Executive Producer)
The story features both the Daleks and Silurians. The Doctor has to help humans as they attempt to evacuate the Earth, while the Daleks intervene and attempt to force the Doctor to help them instead.
On 24 August 2010, it was revealed the game would be titled Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth and would be released with a Wii counterpart titled Doctor Who: Return to Earth. In a press release managing director Simon Bailey of Asylum Entertainment said "We are incredibly excited to be collaborating with BBC Worldwide on these two new games," further saying "It is our firm belief that the franchise has massive potential on the Nintendo DS and Wii formats and it's an honour to be bringing 'Doctor Who' video games to the show's huge fan base,".
Video game talk show Good Game's two presenters gave the game a 3/10 and 2/10 saying "...it makes the fatal mistake of ignoring pretty much everything that makes Doctor Who great." Also claiming that the developers just grabbed a puzzle game off the shelf, but not a very good one, scribbled out the title and stuck a Doctor Who sticker in its place.
The Official Nintendo Magazine rated it as 69%, saying that "It's funny, it's lengthy and it'll test their logic skills at the same time. But any Doctor Who fans of secondary school age or older are more likely to feel left out, because this clearly wasn't meant for you."
- Doctor Who: Return to Earth - another video game released alongside Evacuation Earth.
- Stuart, Keith (24 August 2010). "Doctor Who games announced for Nintendo DS and Wii". The Guardian (London).
- "Doctor Who Evacuation Earth (Nintendo DS)". amazon.co.uk.
- "Sci-Fi TV Wednesday: New Shows Announced + Chuck, Doctor Who, Smallville, Walking Dead, Locke & Key + more". TrekMovie.com.
- "'Doctor Who' game heads to Nintendo Wii". Digital Spy.
- "Doctor Who revealed for Wii/DS". MCV UK.
- "‘Doctor Who’ Games Coming To DS And Wii (Outside The U.S.)". MTV Multiplayer.
- "Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth". GameRankings. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- "Good Game stories - Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth & Doctor Who: Return to Earth". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 29 November 2010.