Evan Smith (American football)
Smith at Packers training camp in 2011
|No. 62 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:||July 19, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Salinas, California|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||308 lb (140 kg)|
|High school:||Salinas (CA)|
|College:||Idaho State University|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Evan Blake Smith (born Evan Blake Dietrich-Smith on July 19, 1986) is an American football center for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He has also played for the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks. He played college football at Idaho State University.
Smith grew up in Salinas, California. He attended and played high school football at Salinas High School.
Green Bay Packers
Second stint with the Green Bay Packers
During the 2011 Thanksgiving Classic game between the Packers and the Detroit Lions, Smith was stomped on by Lions defensive tackle, Ndamukong Suh. Suh was ejected from the game and served a two game suspension. Former Green Bay Packer Matt Brock claims that Smith and another Packer linemen kept untying Suh's shoes and that is what led to the stomping incident.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- "Detroit Lions | Detroit Free Press". freep.com. 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "Seahawks Re-Sign Chester Pitts". Seahawks.com. 2013-09-14. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "Packers Sign C/G Dietrich-Smith, Place G/T Newhouse On Injured Reserve". Packers.com. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions suspended two games without pay - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 2011-11-30. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- "Former Green Bay Packer Matt Brock says Evan Dietrich-Smith was instructed to untie Ndamukong Suh shoelaces - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN". Msn.foxsports.com. 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- Bucs Land C/G Dietrich-Smith
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Evan Smith.|