Evan Evans (film composer)
Evan Edward Evans (born September 13, 1975 in Bergen County, New Jersey) is an American film score composer. He is the son of renowned jazz pianist Bill Evans, who died when Evan was a small boy.
He attended University of California, Los Angeles and Nadia Boulanger Institute in Paris. He apprenticed with several important entertainment industry personalities, including Argentinian film composer, concert composer and pianist Lalo Schifrin.
He generally composes for independent films. His compositions are often highly complex and dark and atmospheric.
In 1999 he founded the record label, E3 Records; E3 is named after his three initials.
Evans is also a successful semi-professional poker player and is the author of several works offering winning tips.
Evans married composer Michele Rene in May 1999; as of 2011, they had two children, Elliot and Miranda.
He has one step-sister, Maxine.
- Joe Joe Angel & the Dead Guy (1997)
- Coyote (1997)
- Killers (1997)
- Something Between Us (short) (1999)
- Crimson Wings (short) (1999)
- A Table for One (1999)
- NewsBreak (2000)
- TripFall (2000)
- Future Murder (2000)
- Firestorm Rising (2001)
- Miss Wonton (2001)
- Crawl Space (short) (2001)
- Altered Species (2001)
- The Keeper (2002)
- Until Death (2002)
- Killers 2: The Beast (video) (2002) 
- Revelation (2002)
- Hunting Humans (video) (2002)
- Crave (2003)
- American Almanacs: A Living History (video documentary) (2003)
- Pizza: The Movie (2004)
- Evilution (short) (2004)
- Bollywood and Vine (video) (2004)
- Hoboken Hollow (2006)
- Under Surveillance (2006)
- Blacklist: Recovering the Life of Canada Lee (documentary) (2008)
- Jack Rio (2008)
- MARy (2008)
- Skeletons in the Desert (2008)
- The Poker Club (2008)
- Vegan Love (short) (2009)
- Never Surrender (2009)
- Playing in Darkness (short) (2009)
- Changing Hands (2010)
- The Bay (TV series) (2010-1)
- Programming the Nation? (documentary) (2011)
- Night of the Templar (2011)
- War Flowers (2011)
- You're Nobody 'til Somebody Kills You (2011)
- The Southside (2012)
- The Gauntlet (2012)
- "Evan Evans" (2011) Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television, Vol. 112, Detroit: Gale, Biography in Context
- "Bill Evans". All About Jazz. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- "Biography". Evanevans.org. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- Craddock, Jim (20 January 2005). Videohound's Golden Movie Retriever 2005. Thomson/Gale. p. 580. ISBN 978-0-7876-7470-0. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- Kendall, Lukas (2002). Film score monthly. Soundtrack Club, Lukas Kendall. Retrieved 3 October 2011.