Evan Kleiman is a chef, author, radio host and restaurant owner. She has been the radio host of Good Food on KCRW since 1997. In 2012, her radio show received the Best Audio Series award from the IACP. In 2017, Kleiman was inducted into the James Beard Who's Who of Food and Beverage in America. Kleiman grew up in Los Angeles and earned a bachelor's degree and MA at UCLA. She opened Angeli Caffe in 1984. Angeli Caffe, which served Italian food, closed after 28 years. Kleiman is the author of eight books on Italian food as well as one app, “Easy as Pie.” Kleiman also moderated Food, Inc., an award-winning documentary, has taught college classes on the topic of food sustainability, gives culinary tours in Italy, and was the founder of L.A.’s chapter of Slow Food.
- Bryant, Jacob (2017-10-12). "Variety's Chef's Impact Report 2017". Variety. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Scattergood, Amy (2012-04-03). "2012 IACP Award Winners Announced". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "The 2017 James Beard Award Winners". jamesbeard.org. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Evan Kleiman: Recipe for Reinvention". UCLA. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Hallock, Betty (2012-01-05). "Evan Kleiman closing Angeli Caffe on Jan. 13". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Evan Kleiman". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Virbila, S. Irene (2012-12-15). "Upgrade your cooking skills? There's an app for that". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Food, Inc". Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 2018-09-04. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Wolf, Jessica. "Renowned L.A. foodie flavors her UCLA class with moral questions about food". UCLA Newsroom. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- MacVean, Mary. "Evan Kleiman, mover and stirrer on the L.A. food scene". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2018-10-25.