Evan Peters at 2015 San Diego Comic-Con International
January 20, 1987 |
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
|Notable work||American Horror Story
From 2004 to 2010, Peters starred in numerous national commercials for established brands such as Kelloggs, Papa John's Pizza and Playstation, during this time he also had recurring roles on Disney Channel's Phil of the Future and One Tree Hill on The CW. In 2010 he had a supporting role as Todd Haynes in thesuperhero film Kick-Ass.
He is best known for his multiple roles on the FX anthology television series American Horror Story, which he has been a main cast member of since its debut in 2011, and his role as the mutant Quicksilver in the 2014 film X-Men: Days of Future Past and the 2016 sequel X-Men: Apocalypse.
Peters was born in St. Louis, Missouri, son of Julie and Phil Peters, a vice president of administration for the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation. He attended a Roman Catholic grade school. He has two siblings: a brother, Andrew, and a sister, Michelle. In 2001, Peters' family moved to Grand Blanc, Michigan, where he pursued modeling and took local acting classes. He attended Grand Blanc Community High School, before moving to Los Angeles at age 15 with his mother to pursue his acting career. He attended Burbank High School as a sophomore, but later began homeschooling classes.
2004–11: Early career
On his second audition, Peters was chosen by producer Michael Picchiottino for the role of Adam Sheppard in the film Clipping Adam. The role earned him the award for Best Breakthrough Performance at the Phoenix Film Festival. He performed in numerous television commercials for Sony PlayStation, Progressive Insurance, Moviefone, Sour Patch Kids, Papa John's Pizza, and Kellogg. In 2004, he starred in the MGM film Sleepover as Russell "SpongeBob" Hayes, and appeared in the ABC series The Days as Cooper Day. From 2004 to 2005, he had a recurring role as Seth Wosmer in the first season of the Disney Channel series Phil of the Future. From 2005 to 2006, he portrayed Jesse Varon in the ABC sci-fi thriller series Invasion.
Peters then had supporting roles in the films An American Crime (2007), Gardens of the Night (2008), Never Back Down (2008) and its sequel Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown (2011). He has also starred in several theater plays, including playing Fagin in a production of Oliver Twist at the Met Theater. In 2008, he had a recurring role as Jack Daniels on The CW teen-drama series One Tree Hill. In addition, he landed many one episode guest spots in television series such as The Mentalist, House, Monk, The Office, In Plain Sight, and Parenthood. In 2010, he appeared in the supporting role of Todd Haynes, the main character's best friend, in the critically acclaimed superhero film Kick-Ass. Peters was unable to reprise his role in the 2013 sequel due to scheduling conflicts with his role in the second season of American Horror Story.
2011–present: Breakthrough with American Horror Story
Peters' breakthrough role was playing the teenage sociopathic murderer Tate Langdon in the first season of the FX anthology series American Horror Story. In the second season, subtitled Asylum, he starred as Kit Walker, a man wrongly accused of killing his wife; this role earned him a nomination for the Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film. In the third season, subtitled Coven, he portrayed Kyle Spencer, a frat boy who is killed and brought back to life as a Frankenstein's monster type of creature. In the fourth season of the series, subtitled Freak Show, he played Jimmy Darling, a circus performer with deformed hands.
In 2014, Peters starred in the independent comedy film Adult World, opposite John Cusack and Emma Roberts. Peters played the mutant Quicksilver in the 2014 film X-Men: Days of Future Past and its 2016 sequel X-Men: Apocalypse. In 2015, Peters starred in the horror film The Lazarus Effect and the drama film Safelight, alongside Juno Temple, and in 2016 he had a role in the comedy-drama Elvis & Nixon.
Peters began dating actress Emma Roberts in 2012 after they worked together on the film Adult World. In July 2013, while they were staying at a hotel in Montreal, Canada, someone overheard a dispute coming from their room and called the police. After a "heated argument", they had begun hitting each other. When the police arrived, they arrested Roberts. Peters was not arrested because Roberts did not have any immediately visible injuries. Peters declined to press charges and Roberts was released several hours later. In a joint statement, the couple called it "an unfortunate incident and misunderstanding," and stated that they were "working together to move past it." Peters confirmed in March 2013 that he and Roberts were engaged, but they ended their engagement in June 2015. In October 2015 it was reported that they had reconciled. In May 2016, it was reported the couple had broken up again.
|2002||Clipping Adam||Adam Sheppard|
|2004||Sleepover||Russell "SpongeBob" Hayes|
|2007||An American Crime||Ricky Hobbs|
|2008||Gardens of the Night||Brian / Rachel|
|2008||Never Back Down||Max Cooperman|
|2011||Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown||Max Cooperman|
|2011||Queen||Frat Guy||Short film|
|2011||The Good Doctor||Donny Nixon|
|2014||X-Men: Days of Future Past||Peter Maximoff / Quicksilver|
|2015||The Lazarus Effect||Clay|
|2016||Elvis & Nixon||Dwight Chapin|
|2016||X-Men: Apocalypse||Peter Maximoff / Quicksilver|
|2004||The Days||Cooper Day||6 episodes|
|2004–05||Phil of the Future||Seth Wosmer||5 episodes|
|2005–06||Invasion||Jesse Varon||21 episodes|
|2008||Dirt||Craig Hope||Episode: "God Bless the Child"|
|2008||Without a Trace||Craig Baskin||Episode: "A Bend in the Road"|
|2008||Monk||Eric Tavela||Episode: "Mr. Monk and the Genius"|
|2008||House||Oliver||Episode: "Last Resort"|
|2008–09||One Tree Hill||Jack Daniels||6 episodes|
|2009||Off the Clock||Jew||Episode: "Gorgonzola y Pinto"|
|2009||Ghost Whisperer||Dylan||Episode: "Excessive Forces"|
|2010||Criminal Minds||Charlie Hillridge||Episode: "Mosley Lane"|
|2010||The Mentalist||Oliver McDaniel||Episode: "18-5-4"|
|2010||The Office||Luke Cooper||Episode: "Nepotism"|
|2011||Parenthood||Brandon||Episode: "New Plan"|
|2011||In Plain Sight||Joey Roston/Joey Wilson||Episode: "Crazy Like a Witness"|
|2011||American Horror Story: Murder House||Tate Langdon||12 episodes|
|2012–13||American Horror Story: Asylum||Kit Walker||13 episodes|
|2013–14||American Horror Story: Coven||Kyle Spencer||11 episodes|
|2014–15||American Horror Story: Freak Show||Jimmy Darling||13 episodes|
|2015–16||American Horror Story: Hotel||James Patrick March||10 episodes|
|2015||China, IL||Clint||Episode: "Magical Pet"|
|2016||Sky Fibre - X-Men Apocalypse - Television Advertisement||Peter Maximoff / Quicksilver||Set after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse|
Awards and nominations
|2004||Phoenix Film Festival||Best Breakthrough Performance||Clipping Adam||Won|
|2005||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film – Young Ensemble Cast||Sleepover||Nominated|
|2012||Satellite Awards||Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||American Horror Story: Asylum||Nominated|
|2013||Online Film & Television Association Award||Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture or Miniseries||American Horror Story: Asylum||Nominated|
|2016||Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Best Supporting Actor on Television||American Horror Story: Hotel||Nominated|
- "Evan Peters". TVGuide.com. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Rauschert, Jeff (March 18, 2008). "Young Grand Blanc Township actor Evan Peters finds full-time acting work". Flint Journal. Flint, Michigan. Archived from the original on October 11, 2014. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- "Sean Faris and Evan Peters Interviews - Sleepover". About Entertainment.
- "Kick-Ass 2 Plot Synopsis Revealed And Other Updates". Cinema Blend. October 17, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "'American Horror Story' Casts Young Leads". Deadline. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Bricker, Tierney (March 2, 2012). "American Horror Story Season Two Scoop: Three More Castmembers Confirmed to Return!". E! Online.
- "2012 Categories International Press Academy". Press Academy.
- "'American Horror Story': Entire Cast Revealed In First Full-Length Trailer". Hollywood Life. September 8, 2014.
- "John Cusack, Evan Peters & Shannon Woodward Join Emma Roberts In 'Adult World'". Indiewire. February 22, 2012.
- "Evan Peters to play Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past". Variety. May 23, 2013. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- "Quicksilver Will Have Expanded Role in X-Men: Apocalypse". IGN. May 21, 2014. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Evan Peters: Fiancée Emma Roberts encouraged me to take role in 'Adult World'". New York Daily News. February 13, 2014. Archived from the original on November 17, 2014. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "Emma Roberts arrested for hitting boyfriend Evan Peters". London Evening Standard. July 17, 2013. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Emma Roberts shows badly bruised legs after domestic dispute with boyfriend Evan Peters". NY Daily News. July 18, 2013. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- Shira, Dahvi (July 17, 2013). "Did Emma Roberts's Relationship with Evan Peters Turn Violent?". People. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "How Do Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Really Feel About Being Engaged? Watch Now!". E! News. March 31, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014. Peters at 00:05 of video: "We're just enjoying being engaged right now."
- Corriston, Michele (June 12, 2015). "Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Call Off Engagement". People. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Cole Weiss, Matthew (October 4, 2015). "Evan Peters on His Relationship with On-Again, Off-Again Girlfriend Emma Roberts: 'I Just Love Her'". People. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Jackson, Vanessa (May 17, 2016). "Emma Roberts & Evan Peters Split: Troubled Couple Break Up For Second Time". Hollywood Life. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- Chan, Anna (May 17, 2016). "Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Split for Second Time". US Weekly. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- Sky Fibre and X-Men: Apocalypse TV Ad - Extended Cut
- Sky Fibre and X-Men: Apocalypse TV Ad - Behind the Scenes (Visual Effects)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Evan Peters.|