Evan Prodromou in 2007
|Spouse(s)||Michele Ann Jenkins|
Evan S. Prodromou (born 14 October 1968) is a software developer and open source advocate. His major contributions have been Wikitravel (with Michele Ann Jenkins), Identi.ca, and StatusNet. In 2015 he launched Fuzzy.ai, an artificial intelligence service for developers.
Prodromou graduated from University of California, Berkeley in 1990 (Physics, English), and worked for Microsoft and various Web development companies in the late 1990s. In 2003 he started Wikitravel, and in 2007 founded Control Yourself, which developed the software for Identi.ca, a microblogging service. Control Yourself was renamed to Laconica, StatusNet in 2010, and finally to GNU social in 2012. In December 2012 Prodromou started a new company, E14N.com, to develop a new social media platform, Pump.io.
Prodromou is an advocate of Free and Open Source Software and Open Culture. He has presented at software conferences, and is the chair of the World Wide Web consortium's (W3C) Federated Social Web Community Group. He also serves on the World Wide Web Consortium Social Web Working Group and he is a co-editor of ActivityPub, the W3C standard for decentralized social networking.
Evan is the son of Stav Prodromou, and is married to Michele Ann Jenkins. They have two children.
Evan Prodromou is working on or has worked on these projects:
- Breather (company)
- E14N.com (formerly Control Yourself, Laconica, and StatusNet)
- "About Me from Evan Prodromou". Archived from the original on 27 June 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Brockmeier, Joe (10 March 2010). "Evan Prodromou Speaks on the Future of StatusNet". OStatic. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Adhikari, Richard (22 June 2010). "Let's Deep-Six Facebook and Do Open Source Social Networking Instead - Pro: Evan Prodromou". LinuxInsider. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Behrenshausen, Bryan (15 July 2013). "Interview with Evan Prodromou, lead developer of pump.io". opensource.com. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "W3C Federated Social Web Incubator Group". Retrieved 31 July 2013.