Evan Rosen is an American author, speaker, business strategist, blogger, and journalist. He is Executive Director of The Culture of Collaboration Institute and Chief Strategist of Impact Video Communication, Inc., which he co-founded.
Rosen is the author of The Culture of Collaboration series of books. The first book in the series is The Culture of Collaboration (ISBN 0-9774617-0-X, ISBN 978-0-9774617-0-7), a Gold Medal Winner in the Axiom Business Book Awards. The second book in the series is The Bounty Effect: 7 Steps to The Culture of Collaboration (ISBN 978-0977461776).
The Culture of Collaboration shows how collaboration creates business value and demonstrates how collaborative culture is changing business models and the nature of work. Terms Rosen coins in the book include mirror zones and the Ten Cultural Elements of Collaboration. Companies used as examples in the book include Boeing, Toyota, The Dow Chemical Company, Procter & Gamble, BMW, Mayo Clinic, Myelin Repair Foundation, Industrial Light & Magic and DreamWorks Animation.
The Bounty Effect: 7 Steps to The Culture of Collaboration provides a framework for replacing obsolete Industrial Age organizational structures based on command-and-control with collaborative organizational structures designed for the Information Age. The book gets its name from the mutiny that occurred on the H.M.S. Bounty in 1789. Rosen uses the mutiny to illustrate how exigent circumstances compel companies, governments and organizations to change their structures from command-and-control to collaborative. The book includes a back-cover quote from Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple.
Rosen is also the author of Personal Videoconferencing (Manning/Prentice Hall, 1996, ISBN 978-0-13-268327-2), the first book on PC-based videoconferencing. In the book, he coined the word collabicate, which means to collaborate and communicate.
Rosen’s work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, The Washington Post, MIT Technology Review, CIO Magazine, IndustryWeek, NetworkWorld, InformationWeek, Workforce, The Washington Times, Executive Travel, Talent Management, Computerworld Canada, Leader to Leader, CableWorld, Communication World, Sales and Marketing Management, InfoWorld Netherlands, TechWorld United Kingdom, Exame Magazine of Brazil, and he has appeared on CNN, CBS News, CNBC's "Collaboration Now" primetime special and on numerous local television and radio broadcasts. Rosen is a columnist for Bloomberg BusinessWeek.com and he also writes The Culture of Collaboration® blog.
Rosen spent his early career reporting on Silicon Valley and the automobile industry for television stations. He has held news positions at KICU-TV in San Jose, WTOL-TV in Toledo, WABC-TV in New York, WXYZ-TV in Detroit, KODE-TV in Joplin, Missouri, and WCBN-FM in Ann Arbor.
He holds a B.A. in history from the University of Michigan -Ann Arbor where he was news director and a member of the board of directors of the Campus Broadcasting Network. He is also a graduate of Horace Mann School in New York City where he was executive editor of The Record.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek columnists
- First Annual Axiom Business Book Awards. Independentpublisher.com
- Mihlrad, Leigh (June 1, 2013). "Review of The Bounty Effect: 7 Steps to The Culture of Collaboration." Library Journal.
- Rud, Olivia Parr (April 27, 2009). Business Intelligence Success Factors. John Wiley & Sons, p. 67
- Russell, Joyce E.A. (October 28, 2012). "Career Coach: Collaboration Among Competitors Can Be Useful". The Washington Post.
- Review of The Bounty Effect: 7 Steps to The Culture of Collaboration (May 20, 2013). Publishers Weekly.
- Srodes, James (November 19, 2013). "Review of The Bounty Effect." The Washington Times
- McKibbin, Adam (October 7, 2013) "Building a Culture of Collaboration." Central Desktop Blog
- Barlow, Janelle et al (October 2, 2002). Smart Videoconferencing: New Habits for Virtual Meetings. Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
- Biography of Evan Rosen.
- Video clip of CNBC's "Collaboration Now" primetime special.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek.com columnists
- Who's Who in America (2009), 63rd Edition.
- MIT Technology Review "Collaboration Takes More Than Technology" by Lee Gomes
- Avaya Innovations Magazine "Q&A with Collaboration Guru Evan Rosen" by Eric Lai
- Talent Management magazine. "Can Collaboration Be Forced?" by Kellye Whitney.
- Federal News Radio. "How to Bust Silos and Foster Collaboration." by Dorothy Ramienski.
- The Washington Times. “Book Review: 'The Bounty Effect' and 'Corrupted Culture.'" by James Srodes
- CNBC. "Collaboration Now" primetime special. Donny Deutsch interviews Evan Rosen.
- The Bounty Effect (2013) ISBN 978-0977461776
- The Culture of Collaboration(2007) ISBN 0-9774617-0-X
- Personal Videoconferencing (1996) ISBN 0-13-268327-X
- http://www.thecultureofcollaboration.com/. Retrieved on July 26, 2007
- http://www.impactvid.com/people.html. Retrieved on July 26, 2007
- http://www.businessweek.com/authors/1041-evan-rosen Retrieved on December 14, 2013
- http://axiomawards.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/the-culture-of-collaboration/ Retrieved on December 14, 2013