Evander is a masculine given name. It is anglicization of Greek Ευανδρος (lit. "good man", Latinized Evandrus). It has also been adopted as an anglicization of the Gaelic name Iomhar (the Gaelic variant of the name Ivor).
People called Evander (Evandros) include:
- Evander of Pallene, a deific culture hero from Arcadia, Greece, who brought the Greek pantheon, laws and alphabet to Italy
- Evander (philosopher) (3rd-century–2nd-century BC), a philosopher and the pupil and successor of Lacydes, and was joint leader of the Platonic Academy at Athens together with Telecles
- Evander of Beroea, a first century sculptor
- Evander Holyfield (born 1962), American boxer
- Evander Kane (born 1991), Canadian ice hockey player
- Evander M. Law (August 7, 1836 – October 31, 1920), Confederate general
- Evander McNair (April 15, 1820 – November 13, 1902), Confederate general
- Evander Sno (born 1987), Dutch footballer
- Evander Gleave (born 2014), the son of singer/rapper Example
- Evander, Mpumalanga, a town in South Africa
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Evander.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.