|Hepburn||Shin Evangerion Gekijōban:|||
|Produced by||Hideaki Anno|
|Screenplay by||Hideaki Anno|
Neon Genesis Evangelion|
by Hideaki Anno
|Music by||Shirō Sagisu|
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 also known as Evangelion 4.0 (Japanese: シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版: || Hepburn: Shin Evangerion Gekijōban:||) is an upcoming Japanese animated film directed by Hideaki Anno and produced by Studio Khara. It is the fourth and final film in the Rebuild of Evangelion tetralogy, based on the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion. Originally expected for release in 2015, the film was indefinitely delayed due to Anno's involvement with the 2016 film Shin Godzilla. Production resumed after the production of Shin Godzilla ended in late 2016. The film is scheduled for release in 2020.
The film was announced alongside Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo as the final part of the Rebuild tetralogy under the working title Evangelion: Final. Following the troubled production of the third film, in 2015, director and producer Hideaki Anno succumbed to depression and stated publicly that he could not work on another film. However, Toho approached him in an offer to direct a reboot of the Godzilla film series, Shin Godzilla although he blames the film for delaying him on working on the final film despite critical success. After a formal apology, animation director Takeshi Honda stated that the last film has resumed development and is currently under work. The studio tweeted on April 5, 2017, that the film's development is going smoothly. In May 2018, the studio put out a job listing for animation staff to work on 3DCG, VFX, and 2D animation starting on June 30, 2018.
- "Magazine: Final Evangelion Film Slated for Fall-Winter 2015 With Utada Song". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on 4 April 2015. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "『シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版』及びゴジラ新作映画に関する庵野秀明のコメント" (in Japanese). Evangelion's Official site. 4 April 2015. Archived from the original on 5 September 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Hideaki Anno Apologizes for Delay on Final Evangelion Film". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on September 29, 2016. Retrieved October 8, 2016.
- "Evangelion Studio Khara Confirms Next Shin Evangelion Is in Production". Anime News Network. April 5, 2017. Archived from the original on April 5, 2017. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- "Next Shin Evangelion Film's Teaser Reveals 2020 Opening Date". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "Evangelion creator Hideaki Anno opens up about his latest bout with depression, movie delays". Rocketnews. April 2, 2015. Archived from the original on June 29, 2017. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Hideaki Anno Blames Work On "Shin Godzilla" for "Evangelion: 3.0+1.0" Delay". Crunchyroll. September 29, 2016. Archived from the original on June 6, 2017. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Evangelion Animator: Final Evangelion Remake Film is in Progress". Anime News Network. November 17, 2016. Archived from the original on July 4, 2017. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Twitter". Twitter. Archived from the original on July 29, 2017. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Dennison, Kara (May 24, 2018). "Studio Khara Puts out Call for "Eva" Animators". Crunchyroll. Retrieved May 25, 2018.
|This anime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|