Evans High School (Georgia)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Evans High School|
4550 Cox Road
|Motto||Where There's A Star in Every Knight, And We're All Champions For Life|
|School district||Columbia County School System|
|Color(s)||Black and gold|
|Rival||Lakeside High School|
Greenbrier High School
|Feeder schools||Columbia Middle|
Evans High School facade
Evans Comprehensive High School is a large public suburban high school located in the Evans north of Augusta, Georgia, United States. It serves a population of approximately 2,000 students in grades 9-12.
The school has regional SACS accreditation and has received the School of Excellence Blue Ribbon Award four times: 1984–1985, 1993–1994, 1995–1996, and 2003-2004; was named by the GA State Superintendent as a 2015 Advanced Placement STEM Honor School; and was named by the U.S. News report[when?] for being one of the best high schools in the state of Georgia and in the nation. The motto is "There's a Star in Every Knight and We are all Champions for Life".
- Hunter Foster, musical theater actor/singer, librettist, and playwright
- Todd Greene, Major League Baseball catcher for the San Diego Padres
- Forrest Griffin, class of 1996, professional mixed martial artist, former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and UFC Hall of Fame member
- Ben Hayslip, country music songwriter
- Kathryn McCormick, dancer and actress
- "Evans High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- "Our Schools". Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "School Info". Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- Tim Morse (August 2, 1998). "Evans High star getting set for call". Augusta Chronicle. Archived from the original on 2007-08-11. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- Matt Williams (September 21, 2006). "Ex-Evans resident goes from reality show to the real deal". Augusta Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "Forrest Griffin UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Dancer applies to film, reality show | The Augusta Chronicle Archived September 17, 2016, at the Wayback Machine