Evanston/Skokie School District 65
|Evanston/Skokie School District 65|
|1500 McDaniel Avenue|
|Motto||Every Child, Every Day, Whatever it Takes. |
|Grades||Prekindergarten - 8th|
|Superintendent||Dr. Paul Goren|
|Chair of the board||Candance Chow|
|Students and staff|
The Evanston/Skokie School District 65 is a school district headquartered in Evanston, Illinois north of Chicago, United States. The district serves Evanston and Skokie, operating elementary schools, middle schools, and K-8 schools.
In a period of 10 years ending in 2013, the percentage of black students decreased from 43% to 26%, the Hispanic population increased, and the percentage of White students increased slightly. The largest group of students in the district shifted from blacks to whites. During that period it was the only school district in the Chicago area where White students were previously not the largest group of students but now were the largest group.
A spokesperson for the district stated that because the fact that students may now identify as being biracial may have contributed to the decline in the reported number of black students.
These are the only 2 selective enrollment schools in the district.
- Dr. Bessie Rhodes School of Global Studies (Skokie)
- Dr. Martin Luther King Literary and Fine Arts School (Evanston)
- Chute Middle School (Evanston)
- Haven Middle School (Evanston)
- Nichols Middle School (Evanston)
- Dawes Elementary School (Evanston)
- Dewey Elementary School (Evanston)
- Kingsley Elementary School (Evanston)
- Lincoln Elementary School (Evanston)
- Lincolnwood Elementary School (Evanston)
- Oakton Elementary School (Evanston)
- Orrington Elementary School (Evanston)
- Walker Elementary School (Evanston)
- Washington Elementary School (Evanston)
- Willard Elementary School (Evanston)
- Joseph E. Hill (JEH) Education Center (Evanston)
Also one of the headquarters in the district.
- Park School (Evanston) - For students ages 3-21: students with physical and/or learning difficulties
- Daniel and Ada Rice Education Center (REC) (Evanston) - Disciplinary school
- "District 65". District 65. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "About Us / Homepage". District 65. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Board of Education Archived 2014-03-06 at the Wayback Machine." Evanston/Skokie School District 65. Retrieved on February 23, 2014. "Evanston/Skokie School District 65 - 1500 McDaniel Ave. Evanston, IL 60201"
- Golab, Art and John Seidel. "School report cards: Dramatic shifts seen in ethnic, racial makeup." Chicago Sun-Times. November 1, 2013. Retrieved on February 23, 2014.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|