Evanston Davis Street station
|Location||901 Davis Street|
Evanston, Illinois 60201
|Owned by||Union Pacific|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||Pace and CTA Buses|
Evanston Davis Street, also called simply Evanston, is a commuter railroad station in downtown Evanston, Illinois, United States. It is served only by Metra's Union Pacific/North Line with trains going south to Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago and as far north as Kenosha, Wisconsin. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Davis Street is in zone C. The station is next to the Davis station of the Chicago Transit Authority's Purple Line, where CTA and Pace buses terminate. Between the two stations is 909 Davis Street, a six-story building, with a kiss-and-ride loop for car drop-off.
Davis Street station, at Davis Street and Maple Avenue, has two elevated platforms. Northbound trains stop at the west platform and southbound trains stop at the east platform. The ticket agent's office is on the east platform. At ground level, there is a restaurant called Chef's Station. Just to the east of the Davis CTA station is the 12-story Sherman Avenue Garage.
The Davis Street Metra station is only steps west of the CTA station and, together with that station, forms a transportation center allowing easy transfer from one station to the other, there is also a pedestrian walkway.
- 93 California/Dodge (Monday–Saturday only)
- 201 Central/Ridge (Monday–Saturday only)
- 206 Evanston Circulator (school days only)
- 208 Golf Road
- 250 Dempster Street
- "Chef's Station - Evanston, IL 60201 / Metromix Chicago". Retrieved 2008-12-17.
Media related to Evanston Davis Street (Metra) at Wikimedia Commons
- Metra - Evanston Davis Street
- Chef's Station - Evanston, IL 60201 / Metromix Chicago
- Davis Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Church Street entrance from Google Maps Street View