Evanston Township, Cook County, Illinois
|Evanston Township (dissolved 2014)|
Location in Cook County
|• Total||7.8 sq mi (20.2 km2)|
|• Land||7.8 sq mi (20.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.28%|
|• Density||9,543/sq mi (3,684.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Following special legislation by the State of Illinois to permit it, the township was dissolved by popular vote in 2014 of voters in the district, and its functions devolved upon the city of Evanston. Only twice before had an Illinois township been dissolved.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Evanston township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
-  Dietrich, Matthew, "Evanston Township ceases to exist," Huffington Post, 19 September 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2015
-  Smith, Bill "State task force hears Evanston's consolidation story," Evanston Now, 25 August 2015. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- US Census
- Cook County Official Site
- Evanston Township official site(defunct), from Internet Archive as of 7 July 2014
|This Cook County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|