Evanton railway station
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Caledonian Railway 72 Class No. 54496 at Evanton in September 1957.
|Original company||Inverness and Ross-shire Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|23 May 1863||Station opened as "Novar"|
|1 June 1937||Renamed|
|13 June 1960||Closed to passengers|
|2 November 1964||Closed to goods|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
The station was originally opened on 23 May 1863 when it was known as "Novar". It was renamed "Evanton" on 12 June 1937 and closed to passengers on 13 June 1960. Goods facilities were withdrawn on 2 November 1964.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
Line open, station closed
Inverness and Ross-shire Railway
Line and station open
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Clinker, C.R. (1988) . Clinker's Register of Closed Passenger Stations and Goods Depots in England, Scotland and Wales 1830–1980 (2nd ed.). Bristol: Avon-Anglia Publications & Services. ISBN 978-0-905466-91-0. OCLC 655703233.
- Conolly, W. Philip (2004) . British Railways Pre-Grouping Atlas and Gazetteer. Hersham, Surrey: Ian Allan. ISBN 978-0-7110-0320-0.
- Quick, Michael (2009) . Railway passenger stations in Great Britain: a chronology (4th ed.). Oxford: Railway and Canal Historical Society. ISBN 978-0-901461-57-5. OCLC 612226077.
- Vallance, H.A.; Clinker, C.R.; Lambert, Anthony J. (1985). The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2 (4th ed.). David St John Thomas. ISBN 0946537232.