|First Lady of Estonia|
9 October 2006 – 30 April 2015
|Preceded by||Ingrid Rüütel|
|Succeeded by||Ieva Ilves|
April 20, 1968
Evelin Ilves (née Int, formerly Int-Lambot; born 20 April 1968 in Tallinn) is the second wife of President of Estonia Toomas Hendrik Ilves. She was the First Lady of Estonia from 9 October 2006 until their divorce on 30 April 2015.
In her professional life, Ilves has worked in advertising and public relations; she was marketing director of the newspaper Eesti Päevaleht from 1996 to 2001. From 2001 to 2002, she worked for Enterprise Estonia, leading the Brand Estonia project which developed the widely used slogan and logo Welcome to Estonia.
In 2005, she began a business project of developing a guesthouse in Ärma farm, located in Abja Parish. The farm has belonged to Toomas Hendrik Ilves's ancestors since the 18th century.
As First Lady, Ilves championed a number of initiatives supporting children, health, and the advancement of women. She took part in numerous international state visits.
She married her partner, Toomas Hendrik Ilves, in 2004 after a five-year relationship. They have one daughter, Kadri Keiu (born 2003). She was previously married to Karli Lambot between 1992 and 1997.
On 22 August 2014, footage of Ilves kissing a younger man at a cafe in Tallinn appeared in the Estonian media. Ilves later responded on her own Facebook page, requesting forgiveness from those she had hurt. Two days later it was reported that Ilves had left Estonia for Germany with her daughter. Ilves's consort was named as one Vincent Aranega, allegedly a French national.
Ilves subsequently returned to public duties, and was present at the official visit of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden, in addition to appearing on the front cover of the November edition of the Estonian edition of Hello magazine.
Evelin and Toomas Hendrik Ilves were divorced on 30 April 2015.
- Belgium: Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown (Belgium) (06/2008)
- Latvia: Commander Grand Cross (1st class) of the Order of the Three Stars
- Spain: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic
- Sweden: Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the Polar Star (01/2011)
- Evelin ilves avas rulluisuhooaja, Office of the President, 15 May 2008
- Eesti Rulluisuliit sai omale uue presidendi, MTÜ Rulliklubi, 1 July 2014
- Eesti brändiks on “Welcome to Estonia” ja “Paremaks muutumise maa”, Eesti Päevaleht, 26 April 2002
- "Tabloid's First Lady Video Causes Media Scandal". Eesti Rahvusringhääling. 22 August 2014.
- Facebook: Evelin Ilves
- "Suhtekorraldusspetsialist: Evelin Ilvese vabandus Facebookis oli ainuõige samm". Postimees.
- "PÕGENEV ESILEEDI?! Evelin Ilves sõitis pärast skandaalset võõra mehega suudlemist välismaale". Õhtuleht.
- "Evelin Ilves ja Vincent Aranega päev peale Kroonika ilmumist Tallinna sadamas?". Postimees.
- "Evelin Ilves kandis Türgi presidendipaari vastu võttes vana pruuni kleiti ja mantlit. Mida arvanuks etiketidaam Maaja Kallast?". Postimees.
- "GALLERY: Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden Visit Estonia". ERR.
- "Evelin Ilves uue ajakirja Hello! kaanel: 9 lehekülge artiklit, 10 lauset eksklusiivi!". Delfi.
- "GALLERY: Estonian President and Evelin Ilves are divorcing". ERR.
- Belga Pictures, State visit of Belgium in Estonia, 10–12 June 2008
- "Noblesse et Royautes" (French), State visit of Spain in Estonia, May 2009
- "Noblesse et Royautés" Archived January 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., State visit of Estonia in Sweden
- Mrs. Evelin Ilves' page on official Website of the President of the Republic of Estonia archived on Archive.org
- Media related to Evelin Ilves at Wikimedia Commons
|First Lady of Estonia