Eveline Goodman-Thau was the first female rabbi in Austria, a job she began in 2001. She was born in Vienna. Eveline survived the Holocaust by hiding with her family in the Netherlands. She was privately ordained in Jerusalem in October 2000 by Orthodox rabbi Jonathan Chipman. She later led the liberal Jewish community in Vienna for one year beginning in 2001.
- "Austria Gets First Female Rabbi". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Religionen : Weltfrieden .: Goodman-Thau". Religionenundweltfrieden.de. Archived from the original on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Faculty Forum - A very special welcome to Rabbi Eveline Goodman-Thau". SPME. 2000-10-18. Archived from the original on 2012-04-27. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Eastern Suffolk BOCES School Library System Union Catalog". Sks.sirs.es.vrc.scoolaid.net. 2008-10-15. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Ordained As Rabbis, Women Tell Secret - New York Times". Nytimes.com. 2000-12-21. Retrieved 2012-02-18.