Number of locations
|Parent||InterContinental Hotels Group|
Even Hotels (styled EVEN Hotels) is a hotel brand concept created by InterContinental Hotels Group in 2012 to create a hotel marketed to serve travelers’ holistic wellness needs.
The company had aimed to roll out the new hotel brand initially in North America with a target of 100 hotels in five years, with the first opening in June 2014 in Norwalk, Connecticut with a 129-room hotel. but after six years, only nine were open and operational.
Further hotels opened during 2014 in Rockville, Maryland (167 rooms), with three more locations in New York that opened in 2015; a 150-room new build in the Garment District and the flagship 230-room tower near Grand Central Terminal, and a 204-room property in Brooklyn, New York, that opened in 2015. In 2016 a 132-room new built hotel was opened in Omaha, Nebraska.
The brand currently has a total of 9 properties and 1,361 rooms, with further hotels in the pipeline. All room numbers are even numbers.
In 2013, Even Hotels launched Wellwellwell, offering an information source for travelers to incorporate wellness and productivity into their travel routines.
- "IHG launches health and fitness-oriented hotel brand". USA Today. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Trejos, Nancy (19 June 2014). "First EVEN hotel opens for health-conscious travelers". USA Today. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Booton, Jennifer (6 August 2013). "IHG to Stake 'First Even' Hotels Near Dozens of Corporate Headquarters". Fox Business. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Trejos, Nancy (30 May 2013). "IHG in deal for second EVEN fitness hotel in New York". USA Today. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Couret, Jacques (3 December 2013). "IHG announces fifth Even Hotel". Atlanta Business Chronicle. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Where wellness is built in". IHG. 30 September 2018. Retrieved 23 October 2018.