(Redirected from Evening star)
|Look up evening star in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Evening star may refer to:
- The planet Venus when it appears in the west (evening sky), after sunset
- The ancient Greeks gave it the name Hesperus
- Less commonly, the planet Mercury when it appears in the west (evening sky) after sunset
- Oenothera biennis, a medicinal plant
- Mentzelia pumila (Velcro Stickleaf) and other species of Mentzelia
Arts and entertainment
- "To an Evening Star" ("O du mein holder Abendstern"), an aria from Richard Wagner's 1845 opera Tannhäuser
- "Evening Star", a poem by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Evening Star, a 1996 sequel to the film Terms of Endearment
- Evening Star (album), by Robert Fripp and Brian Eno
- "Evening Star" (Kenny Rogers song), 1984
- "Evening Star" (Judas Priest song), from their 1978 album Killing Machine
- "Evening Star", a song from the album Destroyer of the Void by Blitzen Trapper
- "Evening Star", a song from the album Valley of the Damned by Dragonforce
- "Evening Star", a song from the 1992 album Death or Glory? by Roy Harper
- "Evening Star", a song from the 2009 album The Underfall Yard by Big Big Train
- Evening Star (video game), a 1987 train simulator
- "To The Evening Star", a poem by William Blake from Poetical Sketches, 1783
- Evening Star (newspaper), a list of newspapers
- BR 92220 Evening Star, the last steam locomotive to be built by British Railways
- British Rail Class 66 no. 66779, the last Class 66 built for the British market. Named in fitting with the last BR steam locomotive built.
- Exercise Evening Star, the annual demonstration of emergency response to a submarine nuclear accident at Faslane, HMNB Clyde, Argyll, Scotland
- The Evening and the Morning Star (1832–1834), the first newspaper of the Latter Day Saint movement
- Luceafărul (poem) ("The Evening Star"), an 1883 poem by Mihai Eminescu
- "Abendstern" ("Evening Star"), a poem by Johann Mayrhofer set to music by Franz Schubert; see List of songs by Franz Schubert
- Arwen, an elf-maiden in J. R. R. Tolkien's writings is also referred to as "Undomiel", elvish for "Evenstar"
- Morning star (disambiguation)
- Evenstar (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Evening Star.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.