EverGreene Architectural Arts
|EverGreene Architectural Arts|
|Significant works and honors|
|Projects||Essex County Courthouse, Colorado State Capitol, Library of Congress|
EverGreene Architectural Arts (EverGreene), based in New York City, is a specialty contractor and design studio working with commercial, government, institutional, sacred and theater clients in the areas of interior restoration, conservation, decoration and new design. Established in 1978, EverGreene is a company of artists, conservators, craftsmen and designers who work throughout the United States and several sites abroad.
The company operates as both an art studio and a contractor combining art, science and technology as designers and craftsmen work side-by-side.
In 1976, with the advent of the Historic Preservation tax Incentives, interest in historic preservation grew in the United States. EverGreene, originally started as a firm that almost exclusively focused on decorative painting and murals, expanded in size and service offerings to assist clients and owners of historic structures including: courthouses, state capitols, churches, synagogues, theaters and commercial buildings. To execute large scale projects, EverGreene will often partner with architecture firms during the design and planning phases and with general contractors as a specialty contractor.
Civic and institutional
- Essex County Courthouse, mural restoration (2003). Newark, NJ.
- Colorado State Capitol, restoration, gilding. Denver, CO
- Library of Congress, restoration, decorative paint, ornamental plaster. Washington, DC
- Utah State Capitol, decorative paint, plaster restoration. Salt Lake City, UT
- Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse, restoration, decorative paint, ornamental plaster. New York, NY
- Clara Barton Missing Soldier's Office, conservation, restoration, wallpaper re-creation. Washington, DC
- Harlem Hospital Murals, mural removal, restoration and reinstallation. New York, NY 
- Illinois State Capitol, mural restoration, ornamental plaster, decorative paint, gilding (2013). Springfield, IL.
- University of Tennessee, restoration of the Greenwood Mural. Knoxville, TN
- 30 Rockefeller Plaza, mural conservation, restoration. New York, NY
- Chrysler Building, mural conservation, restoration. New York, NY
- Plaza Hotel, ornamental plaster, decorative paint, gilding, wood refinishing. New York, NY
- The Sherry Netherland, mural conservation and restoration. New York, NY
- Verizon Building, mural restoration, plaster restoration. New York, NY
- Christ the Light Cathedral, Venetian plaster, decorative finishes. Oakland, CA
- Eldridge Street Synagogue, conservation, restoration, decorative paint. New York, NY
- Grace Church, conservation, stenciling, finishes restoration. Brooklyn, NY
- Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, artistic design, ornamental plaster design, mural design. Greensburg, PA
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, mural restoration, new mural design, ornamental plaster. Wichita, KS
- St. Joseph's Co-Cathedral, mural conservation and new design, ornamental plaster, scagliola, decorative paint. Brooklyn, NY
- Paramount Theatre, historic finishes restoration, decorative paint, mural stenciling. Boston, MA
- Kings Theatre, conservation, ornamental plaster, decorative paint, stone/wood/metal refinishing. Brooklyn, NY
- Fox Theater, conservation, gilding, decorative paint, ornamental plaster. Oakland, CA
- Richard Rodgers Theatre, decorative paint, ornamental plaster, digital wallpaper. New York, NY
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, decorative paint, ornamental plaster, gilding, exterior stucco restoration. Baltimore, MD
- Church of St. Francis Xavier, ornamental plaster, mural restoration, decorative paint. New York, NY
- Lerner Theatre, historic finish replication, decorative paint. Elkhart, IN
- Bob Hope Theatre, conservation and restoration. Stockton, CA
- "Restoring Cass Gilbert's Essex County Courthouse" (PDF). AAJ Journal. AIA Academy of Architecture for Justice. Spring 2007. p. 20.
- "Photos: Colorado state capitol dome restoration". Photos.denverpost.com. 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Restoring Glory | The New Individualist". The Atlas Society. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- McDonald, Martha. "Project: Good Vibrations-Utah State Capitol, Salt Lake City". Traditionalbuildingportfolio.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Cass Gilbert - the Architect - Works - U.S. Federal Courthouse, New York, NY". Cass Gilbert Society. 2010-07-04. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "GSA Mobile". Gsa.gov. Archived from the original on March 13, 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Harlem "Mural Pavilion" Preserves New Deal Remnants". NY1. 2012-09-27. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Kamin, Blair (2013-09-18). "Illinois Capitol rehab worth every penny - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
design team — led by Champaign-based Henneman Engineering, with support from Vinci Hamp Architects of Chicago and EverGreene Architectural Arts of Oak Park
- "John Shearer: Controversial UT Mural Taken Down For Campus Construction - 08/07/2013". Chattanoogan.com. 2013-08-07. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Boehnke, Megan. "Experts touch up past vandalism on controversial UT mural » Knoxville News Sentinel". Knoxnews.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Stripping Away the Darkness as Murals Are Reborn". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Our Lobby Mural: In Progress | Midtown Manhattan Hotels | Luxury NYC Hotels". The New York Palace. 2013-04-24. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Plaza Hotel Interior Designation Report" (PDF). NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Alberts, Hana R. (2013-12-26). "Uncovering The Sherry-Netherland's Hidden 1920s Murals - Restorations - Curbed NY". Ny.curbed.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Tuesday, April 15, 2014, by Hana R. Alberts (2014-04-15). "See a Glorious, Just-Uncovered Hotel Ceiling Mural From 1927 - Restorations - Curbed NY". Ny.curbed.com. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Iconic Sherry-Netherland debuts lobby mural painted in 1927 but lost to decades of paint and plaster". NY Daily News. 2014-04-14. Retrieved 2014-04-22.
- "Damaged by Hurricane Sandy, Verizon's Jazz-Age Frescoes Glow Again". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Woven from Light". America Magazine. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Architecture". Eldridge Street. 2007-10-28. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "A Brooklyn Church Uncovers a Long-Hidden Celestial Scene". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Brooklyn Church Discovers Hidden Artwork Painted Across Ceiling". CBS New York. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, Greensburg, Pennsylvania". Blessedsacramentcathedral.org. 2012-09-20. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Restoring an Image |". Thetablet.org. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Rebirth of Loew's Kings Theatre". NYCEDC. 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Gagné, Nicole V. (2009-02-05). "Project: Oakland's Fox Theater, by Architectural Dimensions of Walnut Creek, CA". Traditional-building.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Whoa, 'Romeo': Richard Rodgers Theatre spruces up for Orlando Bloom". NY Daily News. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Lavelle, Lynne. "Empire State Building, New York, NY, by Beyer Blinder Belle Architects & Planners". Traditional-building.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Maty, Joe. "Recreating a masterpiece in plaster and paint" (PDF). Larsdenproducts.com. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Conservancy Hosts Lucy G. Moses Preservation Awards :: The New York Landmarks Conservancy". Nylandmarks.org. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Renovation | The Lerner Theatre". Thelerner.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Art, Music, and Theatre - City of Stockton, CA". Stocktongov.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- "Bob Hope Theater" (PDF). Mohawk Group. Retrieved 2015-03-01.