Ever Oasis is an action-adventure role-playing video game developed by Grezzo and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS video game console. Ever Oasis resembles the Mana series, which also involved director Koichi Ishii, in its gameplay elements, and is considered to be that series’ spiritual successor. The game was released in North America, Europe, and Australia in June 2017, and in Japan the following month. The game is compatible with all devices in the Nintendo 3DS family, and does use functions of the New Nintendo 3DS. It is not compatible with the Circle Pad Pro.
Ever Oasis tells the story of Tethu/Tethi, a young Seedling, who with the help of a Water Spirit named Esna creates an oasis after Tethu/Tethi's brother Nour gets kidnapped and his oasis falls to Chaos. As you journey to find more residents you fight the creatures that have been taken over by Chaos. On your adventure you discover several villages belonging to other races, such as the Drauk, the Serkah and the Lagora. Together with new allies, you must work together to create the perfect Oasis as Tethu/Tethi continues to uncover the mystery of what happened to his/her brother.
In the game, players try to build a prosperous oasis by completing missions in dungeons and caves in the desert. Players can form a party of up to three characters and battle enemies that are possessed by Chaos in real-time combat with the ability to switch between three party members. Players can forage for materials in caves and puzzle-filled dungeons that can be used to restock Bloom Booths. The Bloom Booths can produce Dewadems, which are a form of currency. Other Seedlings can join your oasis and can create their own unique Bloom Booth, which can be ranked up through restocking and completing quests. There are some Seedlings, however, that cannot create Bloom Booths. Members of other tribes who the players meet in their journey can help by joining on missions and exploring for materials. These materials can also be used to synthesize equipment and items at the player's treehouse. The game is influenced by ancient Egyptian aesthetics.
Ever Oasis was announced at E3 2016. An announcement trailer was shown and a demo with mission gameplay was played on stream, although the game was not playable for the public at the event. A free demo was made available to the public at E3 2017. The demo was also released on the Nintendo eShop.
Ever Oasis received mainly positive reviews from critics, the game received generally favorable reviews based on 52 reviews on Metacritic. It also received 8.9 out of 10 from IGN. Brendan Graeber of IGN called the gameplay "fun instead of tedious". The game received a 5.5 out of 10 from Polygon with writer Allegra Frank citing low difficulty and shallow gameplay as issues with the game.
- Theriault, Donald (15 June 2016). "New 3DS Action RPG Announced: Ever Oasis". Nintendo World Report. Archived from the original on 16 June 2016. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- known in Japan as Ever Oasis: Spirit Crescent and the Mirage of the Seed People (Japanese: エヴァーオアシス
精霊とタネビトの 蜃気楼Hepburn: Evā Oashisu Seirei to Tanebito no Shinkirō)
- Sato. "Nintendo And Grezzo Announce New IP Ever Oasis, An Upcoming 3DS Action RPG". Siliconera. Archived from the original on 19 June 2016. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Macy, Seth G. "E3 2016: Nintendo Introduces New RPG Ever Oasis for 3DS". IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- "Ever Oasis". Metacritic. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- Graeber, Brendan (2017-06-27). "Ever Oasis Review". IGN. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- Frank, Allegra (2017-06-29). "Ever Oasis review". Polygon. Retrieved 2018-12-11.