Evercore Wealth Management
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Headquarters||New York, New York, San Francisco, California, Los Angeles, California, Tampa, Florida & Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA|
Number of employees
|Parent||Evercore, (NYSE: EVR)|
|Subsidiaries||Evercore Trust Company, N.A.|
Evercore Wealth Management, LLC is the wealth management division of Evercore, an investment bank based in New York. The bank is a registered investment advisor, delivering customized investment management, financial planning, trust and custody services[further explanation needed] to high net worth individuals, families and related institutions across the US.
The firm was founded in 2009 by the former chief executive officer of U.S. Trust, Jeff Maurer, who was accompanied by seventeen of his colleagues. The former U.S. Trust staff members left the company after it was sold by the Charles Schwab Corporation to the Bank of America in 2006.
As of September 30, 2014, Evercore Wealth Management consisted of 26 partners, offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Tampa and Minneapolis, US$5.5 billion in assets, and more than 70 employees. Evercore also receives backing from the investment bank, Evercore Partners, which will assume complete ownership of the wealth management firm in 2020.
Personal trust services are conducted through Evercore Trust Company, N.A, a national trust bank that, as of September 30, 2014, held US$42.1 billion in assets.
On May 4, 2010, the firm completed the acquisition of Morse, Williams and Company, Inc., a registered investment advisor. In a related transaction, the firm acquired The Wall Street Fund, "WALLX", a mutual fund launched on December 23, 1945.
On April 7, 2013, Evercore Wealth Management opened a new office in Tampa, Florida - its first in the state - and named three new partners. This move is intended to increase the firm's service for clients in Florida and the southeast United States.
- Brooke Southall (8 April 2010). "Evercore is looking to its future after lifting out a huge team of U.S. Trust financial advisors". RIA Biz. RIABiz LLC. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- Kelly O'Mara (9 April 2012). "In its latest talent grab, Evercore Wealth Management hires a 'young, up-and-coming player'". RIA Biz. RIABiz LLC. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- Evercore Wealth Management Expands to Florida, Names Three New Partners
- Evercore Wealth Management Named Among 50 Top Wealth Managers – Barron’s Survey 2010
- “Wealth Manager Ups the Ante for Clients” 9/12/2011
- “Breakaway Trust Officers” Financial Advisor. 4/10/2010
- Evercore Wealth Management: The Challenge of Sustaining a Fast Start. Wealth Briefing 2/22/2010
- Evercore Wealth Management to Buy Morse Williams & Co. 1/25/2101
- Evercore Wealth Management Expands to the Midwest
- Good, Bad and Ugly. Barron’s Cover August 29, 2011 (Research provided by Evercore Wealth Management)
- An Investment Firm, Evercore, Offers Clients Honest Returns
- Roger Altman tells Tampa clients there's little to fear on the economic horizon