Everest Peace Project
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Everest Peace Project is an organization based in the United States that promotes peace, teamwork and cultural understanding by climbing some of the highest peaks in the world by a team of individuals from various faiths and cultures.
- In 2004 the Everest Peace Project climbed Mount Shasta to celebrate the United Nations International Day of Peace.
- In 2005 the Everest Peace Project climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.
- In 2006 the Everest Peace Project climbed Mount Everest on May 18; Dudu Yifrah unfolded a sewn together Israeli–Palestinian flag on the summit of Everest.
In 2006, there was an ascent of Mount Everest by Ali Bushnaq, Dudu Yifrah and Micha Yaniv, members of the Everest Peace Project. The climb is the main focus of the documentary film Everest: A Climb for Peace.
|Everest: A Climb for Peace|
|Directed by||Lance Trumbull|
|Produced by||Billy Marchese,
David M. Call,
|Written by||Jill Sharer|
|Narrated by||Orlando Bloom|
|Music by||Erik Mongrain, James T. Sale|
|Edited by||Billy Marchese|
Everest: A Climb for Peace is a documentary about the 2006 climb, and is narrated by Orlando Bloom. The documentary has been hailed as a "tremendous achievement" by the Dalai Lama and has received his endorsement.
The climb for peace expedition and the documentary which took five years to plan, execute and put together  is about 9 climbers as they climb the north side of Mount Everest. The climbers, of different nationalities and faiths, work together despite their cultural differences to climb the mountain for peace. Although there were 9 peace climbers on the expedition, the film focuses on Palestinian Ali Bushnaq and Israelis Dudu Yifrah and Micha Yaniv. 
- Peace Climbers
- Sharma, Sushil (December 31, 2002). "Multi-faith bid to scale Everest". BBC. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- Seeking world peace and understanding on Mt. Everest
- Review of Everest: A Climb for Peace
- Israeli plants Palestinian flag on Mt. Everest
- "Everest: A Climb for Peace" (PDF). www.everestpeaceproject.org.
- "Dalai Lama heaps praise on Orlando Bloom's 'Everest: A Climb for Peace'". Malaysia Sun. November 30, 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- "Everest : A climb for peace". The Moviezzz. January 23, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- Sharma, Sushil (December 31, 2002). "Multi-faith bid to scale Everest". BBC News. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
- "Everest : A climb for peace". 2006-05-19.
- "Multi-religious team to climb Everest for West Asia peace". The Hindu. April 6, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-12-18. Retrieved 2008-01-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Everest Peace Project.|