|Established||1980 and 1999 for the old and new sections, respectively|
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Diane Colley-Urquhart|
|Elevation||1,100 m (3,600 ft)|
|Website||Calgary Evergreen Community Association|
|Shawnee-Evergreen Community Association There are two community Associations for this area|
Evergreen, also known as Evergreen Estates, is a suburban residential neighbourhood in the southwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located south of the Fish Creek Provincial Park, and southeast from the Tsuu T'ina first nation reserve.
There are two sections of Evergreen, the older and more established Evergreen Estates, and the newer Evergreen to the south. The two sections have separate community associations and street naming patterns. All streets with Evergreen in their name are members of the Shawnee-Evergreen Community Association along with the neighbouring community Shawnee Slopes, while those with different names are members of the Calgary Evergreen Community Association.
Shawnee Slopes Golf Course, at the heart of the Shawnee Slopes/Evergreen Estates communities, is currently[when?] under threat of re-development from its new owners. They have received approval to re-zone the land and erect 1400 (mostly) single-family homes on the site. This plan is in line with Calgary's PlanIt redevelopment scheme.
The film Radiant City largely takes place in the community of Evergreen.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $105,640 in 2000, and there were 3.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 18.2% of the residents were immigrants. All buildings were single-family detached homes and 1.3% of the housing was used for renting.
The Calgary Board of Education opened the Evergreen Elementary School in 2009, which accommodates Kindergarten to Grade 4 students residing in Evergreen.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Calgary Evergreen Community Association. "Calgary Evergreen Community Association". Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 13 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.[permanent dead link]
- City of Calgary (2006). "Evergreen Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "Calgary Board of Education ( Marshall Springs Junior High School )". 2015-present. Check date values in:
||Tsuu T'ina Nation, Woodbine||Woodlands
Fish Creek Provincial Park
|Providence (proposed development area)[permanent dead link]||Shawnee Slopes