Every Dog Has Its Day
|"Every Dog Has Its Day"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album American Ride|
|Released||March 8, 2010|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"Every Dog Has Its Day" is a song written by Toby Keith, Bobby Pinson, and John Waples, and recorded by Keith for his 2009 album American Ride. It was released as the third and final single from the album in March 2010.
The song is an uptempo tune in which, upon being asked by an intoxicated man to dance, the narrator's lover replies, "Every dog has its day, dog / And today, dog, just ain't yours."
The song received mixed reviews from critics. Juli Thanki of Engine 145, in her review for the album, said the song's "infectious hook is offset by an unfortunate stanza they may have been cribbed from Go, Dog. Go!. Matt Bjorke of Roughstock, in his review of the album, was more positive about the song, describing the song as "a rollicking modern fiddle-filled honky tonker," "playful and irreverent," and "just the kind of up-tempo Toby Keith is able to excel to." Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a failing grade saying that it contains "horrifically cheesy and terribly executed country metaphors." 
The song debuted at number 56 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts for the week of October 17, 2009, at the time his single "American Ride" was at Number One for a second week. It later re-entered the charts at number 47 for the week of March 13, 2010, after the single was officially released.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||2|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||91|
- "''American Ride'' review by Juli Thanki". Engine145.com. 2009-10-23. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "''American Ride'' review by Matt Bjorke". Roughstock.com. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- John, Kevin (2010-05-30). "Review by Country Universe". Countryuniverse.net. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- Billboard Hot Country Songs - Week of October 17, 2009[dead link]
- Billboard Hot Country Songs - Week of March 13, 2010[dead link]
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- Whitburn, Joel (2011). Top Pop Singles 1955–2010. Record Research, Inc. p. 479. ISBN 0-89820-188-8.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Toby Keith.