Every Little Word (album)
|Every Little Word|
|Studio album by Hal Ketchum|
|Released||May 31, 1994|
|Recorded||1993-1994 at Jack's Tracks Recording Studio; Nashville, TN|
|Hal Ketchum chronology|
Every Little Word is the fourth album released by country music artist Hal Ketchum in 1994 (see 1994 in country music). It peaked at #31, better than his previous album, on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart. Of the five singles released from the album, "Stay Forever" was the most successful, peaking at # 8 on the Hot Country Songs chart. The other singles, "(Tonight We Just Might) Fall in Love Again", "That's What I Get for Losin' You", "Every Little Word", and "Veil of Tears" peaked at #20, #22, #49 and #56, respectively.
Patty Loveless sings harmony vocals on "Another Day Gone".
|Entertainment Weekly -||(A-)|
Michael McCall of Allmusic praised the album as being his most consistent and most country album to date. He says that Ketchum "reconciles the thoughtfulness of his folkie heart with the verve of modern country, tapping into the directness and earthiness that ties them together.
- "(Tonight We Just Might) Fall in Love Again" (Al Anderson, Hal Ketchum) - 3:23
- "Every Little Word" (Marcus Hummon, Ketchum) - 3:47
- "Swing Low" (Pete Wasner, Ketchum) - 4:29
- "Another Day Gone" (Gary Nicholson, Ketchum) - 3:54
- "That's What I Get for Losin' You" (Anderson, Ketchum) - 3:41
- "Stay Forever" (Benmont Tench, Ketchum) - 2:54
- "Walk Away" (Nicholson, Ketchum) - 4:26
- "Veil of Tears" (Michael Noble, Jeff Pennig, Ketchum) - 2:49
- "No Easy Road" (Harley Allen, Herb McCullough) - 2:54
- "Drive On" (Gary Burr, Ketchum) - 4:24
As listed in liner notes
- Produced by Allen Reynolds and Jim Rooney
- Recorded and Mixed by Mark Miller
- Assistant engineer: Duke Duczer
- Mastered by Denny Purcell at Georgetown Masters, Nashville, TN
- Digital editing by Carlos Grier
As listed in liner notes
- Sam Bacco - percussion
- Richard Bennett - acoustic guitar
- Gary Burr - background vocals on "Drive On"
- Sam Bush - mandolin
- Keith Carper - background vocals
- Dan Dugmore - pedal steel guitar, dobro
- Hal Ketchum - lead vocals
- Chris Leuzinger - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Patty Loveless - background vocals on "Another Day Gone"
- Scott Neubert - background vocals
- Russ Pahl - Dobro on "Another Day Gone", acoustic guitar on "Drive On"
- Milton Sledge - drums
- Pete Wasner - piano, Wurlitzer
- Bobby Wood - Hammond B-3 organ, synthesizer
- Bob Wray - bass guitar
Strings by The Nashville String Machine arranged by Charles Cochran
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||31|
|U.S. Billboard 200||146|