Every Mile a Memory
|"Every Mile a Memory"|
|Single by Dierks Bentley|
|from the album Long Trip Alone|
|Released||July 17, 2006|
|Dierks Bentley singles chronology|
"Every Mile a Memory" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Dierks Bentley. It was released in July 2006 as the lead-off single to his third album Long Trip Alone. It became Bentley's fourth Number One hit in November 2006, the same week that the album was at Number One on the Country Albums charts. The song was written Bentley, Steve Bogard and Brett Beavers.
The song tells the story of a man missing a woman and how everything he sees and hears evokes her memory.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it a "potent single that continues to demonstrate the irresistible chemistry that occurs when a great singer meets a memorable tune." She goes on to say that Bentley "really knows how to sell a song, and he gets the job done on this well-written track." On the production, she calls it "deft" and states that it "underscores the ache in each word."
The music video was directed by Russell Thomas and premiered in July 2006.
"Every Mile a Memory" debuted at number 45 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of July 15, 2006.
|US Billboard Hot 100||48|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||32|
"I Loved Her First"
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
November 4, 2006
"Before He Cheats"
by Carrie Underwood
- Gilbert, Calvin (28 October 2006). "Dierks Bentley hits chart milestone". CMT. Retrieved 3 April 2010.
- Billboard, August 5, 2006
- "Dierks Bentley – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Dierks Bentley – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|