Every Singaporean Son – Epilogue
|Every Singaporean Son – Epilogue|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|No. of episodes||6 episodes|
|Running time||6-8 minutes|
|Original release||August 17 – October 27, 2011|
Every Singaporean Son – Epilogue is a Singaporean documentary released in 2011. This is the aftermath from the first season of Every Singaporean Son. 6 episodes will be released, down 12 episodes from the previous season. The first episode airs on 17 August 2011 on YouTube, each clip lasted for 6 to 8 minutes.
The series branched out to its second season of Every Singaporean Son, premiering every Thursday of the week, starting from 16 August 2012, it will be named: Every Singaporean Son II - The Making of an Officer. The series will concentrate on batch of cadets training to be officers in OCS Officer Cadet School, it will last for 20 to 25 episodes.
It has been past a year since our 15 recruits endured the compulsory 9 weeks of Basic Military Training. In this season, only 6 will showcase how are they coping after their BMT and the unit life that they each is facing. The documentary is split into 6 episodes allowing all pre-enlistees and parents understand the life after BMT.
- Episode 1: 3SG Muhd Nabil – Instructor, Basic Military Training Centre
- Episode 2: 2SG Lemuel Teo – Platoon Sergeant, 6th Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment (6 SIR)
- Episode 3: CPL Daryl Lim – Aviation Vehicle Specialist, Airfield Maintenance Squadron, Tengah Air Base
- Episode 4: 2LT Douglas Wong – Military Transport Officer, Transport Hub West
- Episode 5: CPL Muhd Syabil – Security Trooper, 8th Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment (8 SIR)
- Episode 6: CPL Dom Ang (Shaoquan) – Sea Soldier, Tuas Defence Squadron
|Episode No.||Episode Title||Cast Name||Original air date|
|1||"The Mentor"||3SG Muhd Nabil||August 17, 2011|
12 months after BMT, life for Nabil has come full circle. Once a recruit, he is now an instructor at the Basic Military Training Centre.For Nabil, the job isn't merely about instructing, it is about mentoring and leading. Watch as Nabil balances a firm hand with a sensitive ear to guide his recruits through BMT life.
|2||"The Platoon Sergeant"||2SG Lemuel Teo||August 31, 2011|
|Lemuel got what he wished for – to be in a combat unit. After graduating as a Specialist, he was posted to 6 SIR where he quickly assumed the post of Platoon Sergeant. Amidst the hustle and bustle of field training and operational duties, Lemuel reflects on how he has grown from being part of a tightly knit force.|
|3||"The Heavy Duty Team Player"||CPL Daryl Lim||September 15, 2011|
|Daryl operates a wheel-loader. What? You ask. He works with a group of fellow heavy machinery operators to repair runways and they have been training for a year. Watch as Daryl learns the finer points of construction and of being part of a highly specialized team.|
|4||"The Transport Commander"||2LT Douglas Wong||September 29, 2011|
|Douglas is a Motor Transport Officer. He is part of a unit that operates a fleet of wheeled vehicles. But ask him any day and he'll tell you his job is less about vehicles than about the men who drive them.|
|5||"A Soldier, On And Off Duty"||CPL Muhd Syabil||October 13, 2011|
Every National Serviceman appreciates the purpose of his job. But even as one understands the purpose of his job, life can still be routine.We follow ever-smiling Syabil through some of his routines in camp and out, and find out how soldiering, sometimes, is about doing one's duty.
|6||"The Unsung Hero"||CPL Dom Ang (Shaoquan)||October 27, 2011|
Shaoquan is now in the Navy. A sailor, you might ask? Not really, but his job is just as important as any other.Besides helping to keep the base perimeter secure, find out what Shaoquan does that is crucial to the morale and effectiveness of his squadron.
- "The Mentor". CyberpioneerTV. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- "The Platoon Sergeant". CyberpioneerTV. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "The Heavy Duty Team Player". CyberpioneerTV. Retrieved September 15, 2011.
- "The Transport Commander". CyberpioneerTV. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- "A Soldier, On And Off Duty". CyberpioneerTV. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- "The Unsung Hero". CyberpioneerTV. Retrieved October 27, 2011.