Everybody Dies but Me
|Everybody Dies But Me|
|Vse umrut, a ya ostanus|
|Directed by||Valeriya Gai Germanika|
|Produced by||Igor Tolstunov
|Written by||Aleksandr Rodionov
PROFIT (Igor Tolstunov Production Firm)
Everybody Dies But Me (Russian: Все умрут, а я останусь;Vse umrut, a ya ostanus) is a 2008 Russian coming-of-age drama film directed by Valeriya Gai Germanika and starring Agniya Kuznetsova, Polina Filonenko and Olga Shuvalova.
Three lower-class Moscow high school girlfriends, Katya, Vika and Zhanna, learn that there will be a school disco on the coming Saturday night. They start preparations to what seems to be the most important moment in their life.
The film depicts issues of child alcoholism and violence in Russia. To add impression of reality, actors consumed large quantities of real alcohol and tobacco in front of camera, performed fighting scenes without stunts and used many mat profanities. However, main protagonists are played by adult professional actors.
- 2009 Nika Award ("Young Talent Discovery of the Year" nomination)
- 2008 Cannes Film Festival: Prix Regards Jeune (young cinematographer award) and special mention in the Caméra d'Or (best feature film award)
- CineVision award of the Munich Film Festival
- 26 Brussels International Film Festival – «Best Actress» award for the three lead actresses
- Everybody Dies but Me on IMDb
- film's official page - on the PROFIT studio web site
- on YouTube
- Review in Variety
|This article related to Russian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|