Everyday (Phil Collins song)
|Single by Phil Collins|
|from the album Both Sides|
|B-side||"Don't Call Me Ashley"|
|Released||3 January 1994 (UK)
10 February 1994 (US)
|Format||12", CD, Cassette|
|Length||5:43 (Album Version)
4:53 (Radio Edit)
|Label||Atlantic (United States)
Virgin (United Kingdom)
|Phil Collins singles chronology|
"Everyday" is a ballad pop song by Phil Collins released as the second single of his fifth studio album, Both Sides. It was also released as the seventh track on the 2004 compilation album, Love Songs: A Compilation... Old and New. The single achieved success mostly in North America in the spring of 1994.
Due to the lackluster success of the first single of the album, "Both Sides of the Story", which only peaked at No. 25 on Billboard Hot 100, Collins' record label urged the release of the second single. The decision proved right as the single peaked one place higher than the previous single at No. 24 on Billboard Hot 100. However, in the UK (Collins' native country), the single performed worse than the previous single, peaking at No. 15. This song was only performed live during Collins' 1994 concerts.
UK 3-track CD single
- "Don't Call Me Ashley"
- "Everyday" (Early demo version)
Europe 4-track CD single
- "Don't Call Me Ashley"
- "Everyday" (Early Demo Version)
- "Doesn't Anybody Stay Together Anymore" (Live)
The song's music video features Collins moving out of a luxury apartment he (presumably) shared with the person he's addressing in the song. Inside the apartment all of the items are covered and ready for the movers, and the walls are bare white. He sings and plays piano throughout the video. Collins' record label did not promote the single heavily, resulting in the video receiving minimal airplay on MTV and VH1, just as same as his previous single, "Both Sides of the Story."
|Australian Singles Chart||66|
|Canadian Singles Chart||8|
|Denmark Singles Chart||35|
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||35|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||28|
|UK Singles Chart||15|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||24|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks||2 (4 weeks)|
|End of year chart (1994)||Position|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||86|
- Phil Collins – lead & backing vocals, keyboards, drums, percussion, guitar, bass
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart - Week Ending 20 Mar 1994". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Offizielle Deutsche Charts > Phil Collins - Everyday (single)" (in German). GfK Entertainment. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Hit Parade Italia - Indice per Interprete: C". Hit Parade Italia. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "dutchcharts.nl > Phil Collins - Everyday" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Official Charts > Phil Collins". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1994". Archived from the original on 1 March 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-27.