Everyone's Gone to the Moon
|"Everyone's Gone to the Moon"|
|Single by Jonathan King|
|from the album Everyone's Gone to the Moon|
|Label||Decca Records (UK)
Parrot Records (US and Canada)
|Jonathan King singles chronology|
"Everyone's Gone to the Moon" is a song that was written and recorded as the debut single of the British singer-songwriter and record producer Jonathan King. The song was released in 1965 while King was still an undergraduate at Cambridge University.
Released by Decca Records, it reached No. 4 in the UK, and No. 17 in the US Billboard Hot 100. It has since been performed by other artists, including Marlene Dietrich, Chad & Jeremy, Doris Day, The Flaming Lips, Nina Simone, The Lettermen, Dana, Bobby Womack, Jan & Dean, and Percy Faith.
- William L. Roth, "At the Water's Edge - Essays in Faith and Morals", Books.google.co.uk, retrieved 2015-11-28
- Betts, Graham (2004). Complete UK Hit Singles 1952-2004 (1st ed.). London: Collins. p. 425. ISBN 0-00-717931-6.
- Brent Mann, "99 Red Balloons...and 100 Other All-Time Great One-Hit Wonders", Books.google.co.uk, p. 43, retrieved 2015-11-28
- "The rise and fall of a pop tsar". The Guardian. London. Press Association. 29 March 2005.
- "Marlene Dietrich: The Last Goddess: Everyone's Gone To The Moon (Candid recording from 1966)". Lastgoddess.blogspot.co.uk. 2010-12-12. Retrieved 2015-11-28.
- "Everyone's Gone To The Moon" at SecondhandSongs.com. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- All Kinds of Everything at Discogs.com. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- My Prescription at Allmusic.com. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- Jan and Dean: All The Hits at Allmusic.com. Retrieved 15 January 2014
- The Complete Percy Faith at Allmusic.com. Retrieved 15 January 2014