at the Dresden Olympiad, 2008
|Born||August 15, 1966|
Vitebsk, Belarusian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2583 (May 2019)|
|Peak rating||2616 (January 2004)|
In 1994, he graduated with a degree in Economics and in the same year emigrated to Sweden. He is four-time Swedish champion (1998, 2001, 2003, and 2004), and thrice Nordic champion (2001 jointly with Artur Kogan, 2003 jointly with Curt Hansen, and 2005). In 2010 Agrest tied for 1st–6th in the European Union Championship, taking third place on tiebreak. He played for Sweden in the Chess Olympiads of 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2014.
Agrest is married to Woman International Master (WIM) Svetlana Agrest (external link).
- Delchev, Aleksander; Agrest, Evgenij (2011). The Safest Grünfeld. Chess Stars. ISBN 978-954-8782-81-4.
- Evgenij Agrest FIDE rating history, 1990-2001 at OlimpBase.org
- Nordic Championships 2001
- Nordisk Mesterskab 2003
- Nordic Championship 2005
- Evgenij Agrest team chess record at OlimpBase.org
- "Interview with Evgenij Agrest: "First we take Abu Dhabi then the chess world" - Chessdom". www.chessdom.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Evgenij Agrest chess games at 365Chess.com
- Evgenij Agrest player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Svetlana Agrest (Dutch wikipedia)
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|